Subaru Outback Forums banner

High Volume Dealerships in NC, SC, or Va

7480 Views 12 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  vr4Legacy
Hi there, Does anyone know how to find which dealership are consider high volume in the NC, SC, or Va region.

Also, I'd like to pick up a new OB, but don't need it until end of summer (Sep-2013), would it be better to deal for a 2013 OB in September or potential have to pay more for a 2014. I'm hoping the power lift gate option is available in the 2014 as it's nearly a deal breaker for me as of now.

My interest is in the 3.6 Limited w/Moonroof and would likey accept 10-12% below MSPR before taxes. Does it seem likely a deal like that would be availalbe on the 2014 OB

Thanks
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,812 Posts
Dealer Rater is probably a good source. Why is "high volume" important? Sometimes big dealers also means big profits.
http://www.dealerrater.com/

· Registered
2,812 Posts
hi upflying: My understanding was the high volume dealers are able to make the best deal (from a buyer's perspective) of course.
Ok, as long as high volume isn't a limiting factor. Any dealer is capable of making a "best deal".

· Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited CVT
216 Posts
Fairway subaru in Greenville, SC is a great one to work with. The sales manager has a track record of moving cars and is actively trying to be the largest volume dealer in SC. Ask for saleswoman Jan Doss.

· Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
605 Posts
Best deal I saw was to use the forum advice which is to send out emails to dealers withing 100 miles of where you live and request the lowest price for your requirements.
I found that this worked best whether you were ordering or buying off the lot or one coming in.
I got 11.6% off MSRP which I was very happy with.
Expect 1/2 the dealers to respond with offers.
There is a thread about this I think someplace on the forum...

· Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
685 Posts
I purchased from Vic Bailey in Spartanburg, SC and was very happy with them.

I also checked out every last dealership in the Charlotte and Raleigh areas. None of them could compete with ole' Vic. Especially in the stupid high doc fee department.

· Registered
2012 2.5i premium AWP sunroof, ice silver metallic
93 Posts
Best deal I saw was to use the forum advice which is to send out emails to dealers withing 100 miles of where you live and request the lowest price for your requirements.
I found that this worked best whether you were ordering or buying off the lot or one coming in.
I got 11.6% off MSRP which I was very happy with.
Expect 1/2 the dealers to respond with offers.
There is a thread about this I think someplace on the forum...
that's what i did. ended up buying mine from Southern States Subaru in Raleigh, which is the opposite of a high volume dealer, but i got a super awesome deal. i'm not sure why high volume matters.

· Registered
2,812 Posts
Why does the dealer have to be "high volume"? My dealer (see sig) is definitely mid to low volume and they gave me a better price than either Edmunds or TrueCar were showing for my area and they had to do a dealer trade to get it.
X2, to me "high volume" means "high overhead". Mega-dealers have a lot of expenses and employees, each with their hand in the cash drawer.
I bought my OB through the internet manager. I never went to the dealer except to pick up the car.

· Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,752 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.