Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, Does anyone know how to find which dealership are consider high volume in the NC, SC, or Va region.

Also, I'd like to pick up a new OB, but don't need it until end of summer (Sep-2013), would it be better to deal for a 2013 OB in September or potential have to pay more for a 2014. I'm hoping the power lift gate option is available in the 2014 as it's nearly a deal breaker for me as of now.

My interest is in the 3.6 Limited w/Moonroof and would likey accept 10-12% below MSPR before taxes. Does it seem likely a deal like that would be availalbe on the 2014 OB

Thanks

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Dealer Rater is probably a good source. Why is "high volume" important? Sometimes big dealers also means big profits.
http://www.dealerrater.com/

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
hi upflying: My understanding was the high volume dealers are able to make the best deal (from a buyer's perspective) of course.
Ok, as long as high volume isn't a limiting factor. Any dealer is capable of making a "best deal".

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5 Limited CVT
216 Posts
Fairway subaru in Greenville, SC is a great one to work with. The sales manager has a track record of moving cars and is actively trying to be the largest volume dealer in SC. Ask for saleswoman Jan Doss.

·
Registered
2017 Outback, 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 07 BMW E-93
604 Posts
Best deal I saw was to use the forum advice which is to send out emails to dealers withing 100 miles of where you live and request the lowest price for your requirements.
I found that this worked best whether you were ordering or buying off the lot or one coming in.
I got 11.6% off MSRP which I was very happy with.
Expect 1/2 the dealers to respond with offers.
There is a thread about this I think someplace on the forum...

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
I purchased from Vic Bailey in Spartanburg, SC and was very happy with them.

I also checked out every last dealership in the Charlotte and Raleigh areas. None of them could compete with ole' Vic. Especially in the stupid high doc fee department.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i premium AWP sunroof, ice silver metallic
93 Posts
Best deal I saw was to use the forum advice which is to send out emails to dealers withing 100 miles of where you live and request the lowest price for your requirements.
I found that this worked best whether you were ordering or buying off the lot or one coming in.
I got 11.6% off MSRP which I was very happy with.
Expect 1/2 the dealers to respond with offers.
There is a thread about this I think someplace on the forum...
that's what i did. ended up buying mine from Southern States Subaru in Raleigh, which is the opposite of a high volume dealer, but i got a super awesome deal. i'm not sure why high volume matters.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Why does the dealer have to be "high volume"? My dealer (see sig) is definitely mid to low volume and they gave me a better price than either Edmunds or TrueCar were showing for my area and they had to do a dealer trade to get it.
X2, to me "high volume" means "high overhead". Mega-dealers have a lot of expenses and employees, each with their hand in the cash drawer.
I bought my OB through the internet manager. I never went to the dealer except to pick up the car.

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,765 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts