Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now, I know I will get a lot of chaff for not starting this thread with a picture. So here it is.

:ttiwwp:

I promise I will upload pics tomorrow, but I am giddy and can't wait. Now, down the street from my office is a Gen2 OB, with the wagon top cut off, truck bed and small cab. SuperRupair has one with a diamond plate flatbed/stake body for running engines.

Similar the Prius/Baja...avatar of egaleeye....that what this looks like.

Any other out there?

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,486 Posts

·
Master Caster
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As Promised...it aint pretty, but it is for real

Attachments

·
Master Caster
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's a heap, but they "removed" the rear doors with a bit of style. That detail is done pretty well. No rear window...pretty urban red-neck

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,486 Posts
Branching out into Dodge / Chrysler product,...I think that tail gate / ramp / platform could use a flag or something.

·
Premium Member
Twilight Blue 2015 3.6R with Eyesight
4,995 Posts
Such odd vehicles, LOL!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,486 Posts
Anyone remember Stompers?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stompers_(toy)

reading some of the above helped bring back some fuzzy thought.

I had some,...when I was like 8, a chevy flareside pickup and a rather boxy Jeep CJ. ...the Jeep was a Stomper 2 that gave it had a 2 speed had a bit more torque in the motor and its it really kicked @ss in sand box tug of wars, hill climbs, and races. I had the only stomper 2,...the chevy was really a looker and the others could beat it.

I had some after that with bigger bodies and soft tires, but they were made a little more crappy and did not hold up.

·
Premium Member
Twilight Blue 2015 3.6R with Eyesight
4,995 Posts
Stompers where big when I was a senior in high school. I remember the kids in shop class had a stomper stadium set up in the shop. I started the stomper modified club. It was funny because there was no holds barred. I came up with a 6 volt lantern battery to power my truck and 4 big nuts glued to the body for weight. It burned the motor up after its second pull, LOL!
Fun times...

·
Master Caster
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Boys and their toys.

At that time (in my late high school years), I was trying to "stomp everything" with a prototype mountain bike. Definitely not on remote, definitely no reset.

The only thing that got stomped (sad to say) was me.

Nice to see some life in the thread. I saw an El-Camino / Convertible a couple of days ago, dunno if it fits. Couldn't hazard a pic from behind the wheel.

KO...I dig the new avatar pic...b*tch kitty

·
Master Caster
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SuperRupair has their own homemade Brat/Baja. Diamond-plate flatbed with tie downs and a winch.

Attachments

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,486 Posts
SuperRupair has their own homemade Brat/Baja. Diamond-plate flatbed with tie downs and a winch.
I wonder if anyone suggested to the owners, despite their success, they got a real stupid business name.

:|

·
Master Caster
16,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wonder if anyone suggested to the owners, despite their success, they got a real stupid business name.

:|
Ahwwaa...I think it's kinda cute.:love:

It is Boulder and all.:crazyeye:

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,486 Posts
Ahwwaa...I think it's kinda cute.:love:

It is Boulder and all.:crazyeye:
any business name that is hard to say or hard to find when searched for = sucks. theirs sucks donkey balls. (in a cute way)

but slightly less so then something like AAA Plumbing. (is that spelled AAA, Aaa, Triple A?)

George Eastman's business partners called the company Kodak. a word that means nothing,...but something that could easily be pronounced and trademarked world wide which was the market for their film and cameras. That is a good name.

"Trail Dog auto repair" sounds cool. although it isolates you from Cat people,...or pet haters. maybe the topic needs its own thread.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts