Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT/2019 Outback when I have to
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the second oil/filter change on our 2013 OB. The first time, I pulled the splash shield so I could get at the filter with no spills. It was a pain, but didn't take too long, just a bunch of stupid fasteners.

Well, I outfoxed them. I'm sure someone else has come up with this idea, but I took a 1.2 gallon fruit juice bottle, and cut it in half on the corners. The bottle has flat sides with rounded corners. Worked perfect to catch the limited amount of oil in the filter as I loosened it.

Much faster than pulling the shield, and just a neat.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6L Limited with EyeSight
218 Posts
Just changed my oil filter and not one drop of oil fell on the plastic underguard shield that stayed in tack.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6L Limited with EyeSight
218 Posts
Job was done yesterday and it's heavily raining. Might post a pic during next LOF change.

·
Registered
2013 OB 2.5i Premium/DDD Graphite Gray Metallic OP#2 Weathertec Window Deflectors
405 Posts
What's wrong with a Solo cup (large) after you loosen your filter, squeeze the cup turn the filter, filter drops into the cup

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT/2019 Outback when I have to
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's wrong with a Solo cup (large) after you loosen your filter, squeeze the cup turn the filter, filter drops into the cup
That will work also. There are plenty of ways to get to the same end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts