Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5I non Turbo
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a standard mirror in my car now and am wonding if the homelink auto dim mirror is just plug and play or is there more that I need other than the mirror and wiring? Oh I have an 07.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5 L.L. Bean
13 Posts
I had an Impreza before my Outback and that car was set up as plug-and-play for fog lights and the mirror. I'd be willing to bet that the Outback is set up the same way. The Homelink mirror should be auto dim as well.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
On my 05 and 10 Foresters, the car was pre-wired. If you look under the headliner above the rear view mirror (when you open the dome light assembly), you should find a plug for those rear view mirror applications.
I have added compass rear view mirrors to both above vehicles.... and I think it's capable to accomodate home link as well - not sure though...check what's up there...

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a standard mirror in my car now and am wonding if the homelink auto dim mirror is just plug and play or is there more that I need other than the mirror and wiring? Oh I have an 07.
Replaced the standard mirrors on 3 of my non-subie vehicles with a homelink/auto-dim/compass mirror easily. The hardest part was removing the old standard mirror then locating some 12V, preferably switched. The vehicle does not need to be prewired. The kit had all the wiring, ties, etc.

·
Premium Member
2005 3.0 R n totaled
7,526 Posts
I believe for compass mirror the vehicle has to be plugged into pre-wired harness, that is under the headliner. That was on the instructions for OEM mirror installation from Subaru, at least for my 2 Forester applications.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If anyone knows, Subaru has several part numbers for the Homelink mirrors. Basically, they all seem to be the same GenTex mirror with type 1 mount. Is there really any difference between the models listed below?

h501sfj100

H501SSG100

H501SCA100

H501SAJ100

1 - 6 of 6 Posts