Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Crystal White Pearl with Ivory Cloth, with Eyesight and self dimming outside mirrors.
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When setting up the HomeLink in my new OB I swear that I read that when the key is no longer in the ACC or On position the HomeLink transmitter was powered down. A month later this is not the case and not can find what I thought I read. Looking for input on the experiences of others with this.

·
Registered
3 Posts
When setting up the HomeLink in my new OB I swear that I read that when the key is no longer in the ACC or On position the HomeLink transmitter was powered down. A month later this is not the case and not can find what I thought I read. Looking for input on the experiences of others with this.
Nope, in my 17 Outback Limited Homelink has power all the time. This threw me for a loop because my 15 Legacy Limited the Homelink was only on when the car had power.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Crystal White Pearl with Ivory Cloth, with Eyesight and self dimming outside mirrors.
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope, in my 17 Outback Limited Homelink has power all the time. This threw me for a loop because my 15 Legacy Limited the Homelink was only on when the car had power.
Thanks, another check mark in the CON list.

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,595 Posts
Thanks, another check mark in the CON list.
If true, I can see why this might be a concern, especially if you have an attached garage.

I'll check this on my '15. We have a detached garage, so home security isn't an issue, but now I'm curious.

·
Registered
2014 2.5i PZEV Tungsten Outback Limited W/Moonroof, Accessory Value Package A.
114 Posts
If true, I can see why this might be a concern, especially if you have an attached garage.

I'll check this on my '15. We have a detached garage, so home security isn't an issue, but now I'm curious.
How is this any different from a standard remote that you would have? They always have power as well.

Edit: Oh just thought the homelike crap. Does anybody really use it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'16 Outback - Premium
623 Posts
In '15s the mirror was not powered when car is off. That changed starting with '16s; mirror can get power when using homelink buttons. Personally, I like it as I can open and close the garage without needing the car running. If someone parks outside, then do not program homelink and use the garage door remote and bring it inside when parked outdoors.

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,595 Posts
How is this any different from a standard remote that you would have? They always have power as well.
You can take it inside if you're worried about security.

Edit: Oh just thought the homelike crap. Does anybody really use it?
I do. Works great!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts