Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subie Newbie here. Picked up my Willow Green 2005 2.5 Limited a little over week ago. Internet ordered a hood deflector to prevent paint chips, which arrived a couple days ago. I discovered they had shipped the deflector for the XT turbo. Decided to go ahead and install it anyway, as it apppears it just rides a little lower than the non-turbo version.

Things went pretty well, following the instructions diligently. When finished, I dropped the hood and it would not latch. Tried again and again from a higher position and put pressure on it when down. Nothing worked--simply would not latch.

Any ideas from those who have performed this mod? Could I place washer(s) under the hood catch to extend it a bit?

I removed the deflector and hardware and the hood closed normally, but would like to take another crack at it if I knew I could get the hood latch to function properly with the deflector in place.

Thanks in advance for any assistance. BTW, I love this vehicle!! Randy

·
Registered
352 Posts
I wonder how different the hoods are between the xt and non xt cars. Anybody know? That may be the problem. Welcome to the board... you bought a great car! There are a lot of informative people here and I'm sure someone will be able to help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
Injektilo
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing