Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback 2005 Ford Ranger
352 Posts
Wow! Thats pretty cool. I wonder if other manufacturers have anything like this? Not sure that I'll ever need to ust it but still nice to know just in case.:)

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
19' Impreza Sport 5 dr / 01' Forester S / 13' OB CVT / 10' Legacy 3.6R / 99 Mita MX-5
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FWIW I think that feature has been all Subarus I've ever run across. Kind of a cool thing for them to do, shows they are thinking :)

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,427 Posts
I just confirmed my '03 OBW has the hole in the strut tower.

I have a coupla questions - how do you get the prop outta the hood area hole, and ,do you turn it upside down to use it?

tia
Carl
1 Lucky Texan

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
19' Impreza Sport 5 dr / 01' Forester S / 13' OB CVT / 10' Legacy 3.6R / 99 Mita MX-5
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It sort of wiggles out of the spot it's in. It's just a rubber gasket, that same end goes in the hole on the strut tower. The top has a funky shape that will go in the same hole in the hood. Hard to describe but not all that tough to do.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Thanks Peaty, very useful to know.

·
Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
6,684 Posts
Neat idea!

On my 1980 Pontiac Phoenix, you could swing the hood prop almost straight back, and it would go into a hole in the hood hinge to hold the hood straight up like that. Just don't turn on the wipers *G*

Lordy, did I spend a lot of time under that hood...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts