Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'07 OBXT Ltd. 5EAT, Charcoal Gray; '70 Chevy K10 4X4, 396c.i., lifted; '63 Pontiac Tempest, 326c.i.
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Call me inept, but searching all of the forums, I couldn't find anyone that has installed hood struts on their OB. On the GenIII Outbacks (or at least the OBXT's,) there are no hood struts, only the hood prop rod. On some of the other forums, there are some people with the same concerns, but I couldn't find definitive answers. Has anyone installed this upgrade?

I've Googled some options, and it looks like Redline Tuning ( Redline Tuning Subaru Legacy & Outback QuickLIFT Systems - Lifts and holds your hood without prop rod. ) makes a good option at a competitive price. I'm sure if I went to a wrecking yard, I could find some struts from a WRX for a little cheaper, but I'd be taking my chances with used parts.

While I'm starting a new post, I may as well get the most out of it...has anyone powdercoated their OE wheels? I'll probably upgrade wheels/tires for next summer, but might powdercoat this set for my snows. (I've also searched for this topic and couldn't find definitive answers.)

Any thoughts/insight on these topics?

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
25 Posts
I know this was an old thread, but it popped up for me when I have the same search. Here's a quick vid:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts