Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so I got this Subaru the other day, and it's in mint condition and I'm wanting to reroute the cold air intake to a more wrx or Sti set up with the hood scoop and I'm wondering where to find a hood for this, I've been looking everywhere with no luck at all. All help is welcome thanks.

On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
$767 carbon fiber hood there, thats funny. I would think those are made one at a time,...for suckers.

_______

been asked/ answered and done before:

economical route:

custom cut a hole in one, for a scoop of your choice out of a catalog.

used baja turbo hoods are impossible to find. (even the bent and dinged ones have a high asking price). same for ultra rare JDM imports with scoops for this series.

_______

______

however, no real benefit will be had from the factory cold air intake. ...a EJ251 is 165-170hp no matter what you do to it. I guess a scoop will make the 230hp WRX people want to street race you though.

Meh.
I has wagons.
Find turbo Baja hit in side or rear. Take parts as needed.

Sawzall.

Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
The only reason I would go to a CF hood ( and I have may years of experience in making/repairing CF stuff for Indy cars) would be to reduce weight, and from the weights they stated for theirs ( and the low price), no way are they fully CF (even if made from the worst Chinese CF).

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
The only reason I would go to a CF hood ( and I have may years of experience in making/repairing CF stuff for Indy cars) would be to reduce weight, and from the weights they stated for theirs ( and the low price), no way are they fully CF (even if made from the worst Chinese CF).
yeah....I was joking...both about the search bar and the $$$

$1000 joke, for very little purpose.

Now a CF prop shaft for $1000...line me up....(if I needed a prop-shaft that is)

Premium Member
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
Anyone know the actual weight of a Gen 2 OB hood? Would be interesting to see just how much weight could be save by properly making it in pre-preg CF.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts