Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2011 2.5i Outback Premium, with moon roof, in Steel Silver; 2008 Outback with leather, sunroof, Satellite radio, white body color
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2008 Outback, which I like with the exception of the "pipsqueek" horn! I want to replace it with a Nautilus Compact Twin Tone air horn. Can someone please tell me the location of the original horn and how to access it.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
18,038 Posts
It's behind the bumper cover on the right side, above the fog light. Access is by removing the lower plastic wheel well cover, where it goes forward from the wheel well toward the front or, removing the bumper cover. (See attached)

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Outback Wagon LL Bean Limited 2.5i
822 Posts
Thats the passenger side for the layman .. like me.. who opened up the driver side to find no horns.

Note, Its also worthwhile to pull the airbox if you need more room to remove and install. I have big hands and i kept banging my hand into the airbox.

There is a 10 MM nut holding the stock horn on to the bracket. The bolt holding the bracket to the frame can be undone using a 12 MM wrench. the backside has a welded on nut

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
819 Posts
Here is a shot of the horn wire. (air filter box removed)

Reactions: GoonersBlueWagon
1 - 4 of 4 Posts