Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would like to know how to change from one album to another from the same artist using on an iPod.

I have an iPod classic and let's say I am listening to an artist such as U2 and the album War. I now want to listen to Joshua Tree from U2. As far as I can tell, to switch to Joshua Tree by U2, I need to do a new search all the way from the beginning and go through all the artists until I get to U2 and then select Joshua Tree-- a huge pain!.

There has to be a simpler way to change album from the same artist? I would think it should operate just like using a USB stick with music does with the ability to go up form the song files, to the Albums within that artists and then I could easily select a different album.

I really hope I am missing something, otherwise that is a huge pain and a bad design.

Also is there no way to search for an Album?

Finally what are the limitations on a USB stick for music files? I have about 50 gb of music on an USB stick. However when I plug it in, not all the folders are listed. It seems about only 75% are shown. Is that due to a limitation of the number of files and folders on a USB stick?

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
I AGREE! Have a huge list of artists on my iPod Classic, and spun that dial forever to get 1/2 way down the list. There should be a speed control on there where if you turn it fast, or if you've gone though a good number of artists and are still turning, it moves through the list quicker.

Anyone know a faster way to go through Lists? Can't find anything about it in the manual, other than what I'm doing.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium
515 Posts
Album search can be done. Keep pressing the button on the right until you see 'Artists'. Push again and it says 'All', as in all artists. If you turn the dial at this point, they get displayed. As far as I know, you still have to scroll forever if you have a long list of Artists.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts