Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
'02 Bean H6, AWP & ORP, factory hitch
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of tensioner replacement I must have nicked that little hose- 4 to 6 in. long and now I am leaking coolant big time. The hose is L shaped, and possibly has different inside diameters. Anybody know even what the name of this hose is? I can't search a part if I don't even know what to call it. Help!!

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,072 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Small L shaped water pipe hose:
Subaru PN# 99078AA090
Should be less than 10$ from dealer

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b12/type_28/cooling_system/water_pipe_1/illustration_1/
Thanks for the info. I have a feeling that the dealer here will want more than $10 though....Birmingham,Al - metro population of around 1mil people - and only ONE Subaru dealership! You don't think that they'd take advantage of that, do you??? HAHAHA Again, thanks for the tip, and I'll let you know what they want for that little bitty hose.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,617 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have a feeling that the dealer here will want more than $10 though....Birmingham,Al - metro population of around 1mil people - and only ONE Subaru dealership! You don't think that they'd take advantage of that, do you??? HAHAHA Again, thanks for the tip, and I'll let you know what they want for that little bitty hose.
I and others have occasionally had good luck with local dealers matching/reducing prices based on the price on-line dealers charge. There are several like subarugenuineparts.com or fredbeansparts . Considering the whole shipping vs local taxes, ir can still help.

·
Premium Member
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I and others have occasionally had good luck with local dealers matching/reducing prices based on the price on-line dealers charge. There are several like subarugenuineparts.com or fredbeansparts . Considering the whole shipping vs local taxes, ir can still help.
The dealer wants $7 for it but they don't have it in stock. I hate Alabama. One single Subie dealership within a 150 mi. radius. I want it overnighted, like, yesterday, you know? This stupid little hose is the connector between the passenger side top radiator hose and the rails that cool the cylynder heads. I'm not going to let a $7 part cost me who knows how much for a head job. Head job--poor choice of words...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts