Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru 2005 outback
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Iam going to start fresh I have 2005 Outback automatic going on 130k. I have always wanted a cool aggressive off road looking car. I surf and I am going for more the looks because I don’t off road really as I live in San Diego maybe I’ll go to the beach in Mexico one day. Is like to invest in a solid lift I love heigh
I need new struts the mechanics say my coil overs are all good just need to be recompressed. I’ve looked the king springs and they are pricey but I don’t know if I’ll even get to really feel what they do but I believe they give a little more lift.
Struts all need changing I’ve looked at the kybs I don’t know if I will need or if I will that change in those as well somebody said Monroe and it’s trippy becuadro Monroe is more expensive than the kyb struts I wondered why on rockauto?
I’d like to buy the biggest tires that look all terrain style it would be to have that look when they stick out making the car wider how do you achieve that, well I guess it is at that point?
I feel that I will get the 2in and rear 2.5 adf spacer lift kit and install it at my local mechanic for sure I feel like that’s the purchase so far that makes sense as I can’t find cheaper options.
so what Iam saying or asking how I should go about achieving this look for my Subaru without Damaging my moneys too much.
the shop said they can install all these parts and it doesn’t take long also it’s a bit cheaper here in Tijuana. They do good work. But this is a brand new world for me the suspension and al that. Thank you for your time can’t wait to hear the responses:)

·
Registered
2008 OB 2.5i
21 Posts
SD county has some great trails if you'd like to offroad / softroad.

A lift and smaller rims/bigger tires will give it a little more tougher look.
Trimming the fat A.K.A body panels does wonders too, and that's completely free.

Here's mine in its current state compared to 9 months ago.

·
Registered
Subaru 2005 outback
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SD county has some great trails if you'd like to offroad / softroad.

A lift and smaller rims/bigger tires will give it a little more tougher look.
Trimming the fat A.K.A body panels does wonders too, and that's completely free.

Here's mine in its current state compared to 9 months ago.

View attachment 519379

View attachment 519380
Hey wow yea I love the look what do you have going on there ? Yea I see how it’s painted black the trim beneath the doors and then the front bumper is cut . What exactly do you have have going on there suspension wise and well everything :) thank you for the feedback

1 - 3 of 3 Posts