Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Bluetooth audio in my 2013 works perfectly with my iPhone 5, except that it automatically starts playing a podcast every time Bluetooth audio is selected.

I can't find any way to turn this off. The only way seems to be to disable auto connect, but that means the iPhone music player must be manually connected every time you want to use it.

I can understand Bluetooth audio auto-playing when the last podcast has not been stopped previously. Then, you're just picking up where you left off. But when I stopped the podcast previously, why does it restart automatically whenever Bluetooth audio selected?

Does anyone have a fix for this?

·
Registered
'14 3.6R Outback
2,345 Posts
I don't have an i phone. But this happens to me too. The car seems to auto play anything that has been"paused". My solution has been to completely exit my app or make sure my play list is empty. Once i figured out how this works i really liked it.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 3.6R Special Apperance Package
13 Posts
My 2013 OB does a similar thing only instead of playing a podcast it starts playing a song from my music library on my iPhone 4's (same song every time) when I connect to Bluetooth. Very annoying.

·
Registered
2014 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Graphite ---- 'Rehomed' 2012 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Deep Indigo Pearl - Could be a Black Bumper Masonite car ---- "RIP" 2010 Outback - 2.5 CVT - Silver - So's m
323 Posts
Check the radio settings!!! There might be one to disable the bluetooth audio.

I don't use it. There is B/T audio on my phone but it doesn't connect to radio whan my phone 'pairs'.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There might be one to disable the bluetooth audio.
I don't want to disable it. I use it all the time.

But when I stop Bluetooth audio playback, I want it to stay stopped until I restart it. I don't want it to automatically start playing again on its own every time Bluetooth audio is selected, or when the car is restarted and Bluetooth audio was the previously selected input.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts