Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Between 4 of us, one is a PhD physicist, we couldn't figure out how to lower the volume. She kept shouting the directions to us. Tried with the OB moving and parked. Very disappointing, it shouldn't be that hard to adjust the volume control.

·
Registered
2013 Limited w/EyeSight
352 Posts
Between 4 of us, one is a PhD physicist, we couldn't figure out how to lower the volume. She kept shouting the directions to us. Tried with the OB moving and parked. Very disappointing, it shouldn't be that hard to adjust the volume control.
I found it in the directions before using it, and my 3rd grader found it on the screen. Other PhDs and one physicist I know seem good at reading directions.

Even of you don't like reading the manual a session going through the screens and settings options with just the key in accessory position should help. If you plan on using a phone set it up and test it that way too. You'll be familiar with the screens and might be less distracted when driving.

Your dealer should have one or a few staff who know the screens and can help.

I've changed my mind about complaints for this system after helping two I know set up their new purchases from Toyota and GM. None of these are iPad simple or intuition.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Graphite ---- 'Rehomed' 2012 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT - Deep Indigo Pearl - Could be a Black Bumper Masonite car ---- "RIP" 2010 Outback - 2.5 CVT - Silver - So's m
323 Posts
Turn down your hearing aid(s).:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Turn down your hearing aid(s).:rolleyes:
I can't quite get over how helpful this was!!! Perhaps we can start again. I have recently purchased a 2013 Subaru Outback and I'm thrilled to have it. I have been sitting in it with key in the on position as suggested, but I cannot find out how to lower the volume on the Nav system. I have a headache from listening to her. Please, if you know, then please share.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts