Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I believe I programmed the fob to
postion 1.

I get out, lock the car and walk away. Seat looks like correct position.

I come back unlock via handle or fob. Seat move to neutral type position.

I press position 1 and it moves as expected.

I haven't taken to dealer yet. I've watch and followed the videos to set the fob correctly, e.g. car off, park brake, etc.

I just want the seat to stay put. Don't want to be needing to hit position 1 each and every time I unlock the car...

Just one more thing.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did it by setting my seat in position . on the door is a set button . I held in the set button and hit L1 until I heard a beep - done

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did it by setting my seat in position . on the door is a set button . I held in the set button and hit L1 until I heard a beep - done
Yep. I did that. And programmed the fob. But when I unlock the door the seat moves.

·
Registered
60 Posts
not normal then . if you did it the way I described nothing should revert back or something is wrong .

I have a 2018 and have set the seats a few times as I find my best position .

·
Registered
'18 Outback 2.5i Touring
63 Posts
I am not positive, and will check my '18 OB as well, but I wonder if it's one of those features so that it moves the seat so it's easier to exit and then goes back to the programmed position when you come back and the fob is detected?

·
Registered
2015 Carbide Gray Outback 3.6R with EyeSight
176 Posts
So, I believe I programmed the fob to
postion 1.

I get out, lock the car and walk away. Seat looks like correct position.

I come back unlock via handle or fob. Seat move to neutral type position.

I press position 1 and it moves as expected.

I haven't taken to dealer yet. I've watch and followed the videos to set the fob correctly, e.g. car off, park brake, etc.

I just want the seat to stay put. Don't want to be needing to hit position 1 each and every time I unlock the car...

Just one more thing.

Most likely you did not program your fob correctly. With two fobs, you get four programmable positions - buttons 1 and 2 on the door, and one position for each fob. It looks like you attempted to program the same position to button 1 and one of the fobs, but something didn't exactly work out. Try to reprogram your fob, making sure to follow the manual to a T.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's probably just a programming procedure error, easy to do. I haven't programmed seat position on my fob yet.

I have programmed the door switches however. I've done mine differently than most though. My wife and I use the same seat position so I programmed button 1 to fully retract seat to rearmost position for easy in and out, button 2 for driving position. Minimize door panel scuffing too.

Had an 04 Maxima that automatically retracted seat and raised steering wheel when key was removed, reset to driving position when key turned on, loved that feature.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts