Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the Subaru world. I just took delivery on a 2018 Outback Touring and trying to figure things out. Since this is my first keyless start vehicle, I am still trying to figure things out. Like right now, I love how I can approach the locked car with the key fob in my pocket and unlock the driver's door simply by touching the door handle. What I'm trying to figure out, though, is if there's an equally simple way of locking the doors on the vehicle when I walk away from the car other than the method I am relying upon currently, which is dig out the fob and press the door lock button. I thought I had read earlier on here somewhere that there's a way that you don't have to fiddle with the fob at all to lock the doors but I have not located that in the manual, yet, nor can I figure it out. I thought it was something like touching the door handle in a certain fashion or something along that line. If you can explain the routine to me so that I don't have to mess with my fob, I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm new to the Subaru world. I just took delivery on a 2018 Outback Touring and trying to figure things out. Since this is my first keyless start vehicle, I am still trying to figure things out. Like right now, I love how I can approach the locked car with the key fob in my pocket and unlock the driver's door simply by touching the door handle. What I'm trying to figure out, though, is if there's an equally simple way of locking the doors on the vehicle when I walk away from the car other than the method I am relying upon currently, which is dig out the fob and press the door lock button. I thought I had read earlier on here somewhere that there's a way that you don't have to fiddle with the fob at all to lock the doors but I have not located that in the manual, yet, nor can I figure it out. I thought it was something like touching the door handle in a certain fashion or something along that line. If you can explain the routine to me so that I don't have to mess with my fob, I would appreciate it.
There should be a, indention? ripple? on the door handle. It's a capacitive touch sensor. With your keyless access fob in pocket/proximity, touch a finger to the ripple.

Or press the hatch button.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,246 Posts

·
Registered
Tungsten 2015 3.6R Outback
589 Posts
As one of the previous posters, Menel, pointed out, simply press on the area within the red oval on either the driver or passenger front door and it will lock all of the doors.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts