Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering how people go about getting tires installed without having any damage around the outside wheel rim? Last Subaru I had (STI) I had 2 wheels tore up pretty bad when I had the tires replaced. I am scared about getting my Outback tires replaced as the wheels are in great condition right now. A curb rash style scrape during a tire install would really bum me out.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,556 Posts
I would go into my local Discount Tire (maybe best on a tues-wed-thur) and have a discussion with them. Just tell them you had a bad experience in the past and wonderred, if they DID happen to scrape or gouge a rim, did they have a shop they worked with to polish the blemish out or how they would handle the issue. I'm sure that must have come up, problems happen in business, it's how you handle the problem that matters.

They have treated me and my various family memebers great over the decades. Everyone that works there started slinging tires in the bay and they only promote from within. I even had them alter a price a little once by challenging them to match Tirerack;s price.

·
Registered
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
1,439 Posts
If a tyre fitting place damages your wheels changing tyres they are responsible for repairing or replacing the wheels.

You should never have any damage done to your wheels when having your tyres changed and if you do either the equipment is faulty or the Tyre technician Is being careless.

Seagrass

Reactions: SilverOnyx
1 - 3 of 3 Posts