Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 OBW, AT, 290.5k miles when I sold it
61 Posts
I have 226k miles on my '00 right now, with the 2.5. Always been reliable, wouldn't be afraid to head out across the country in it tonight. I bought it at 96k, already had the timing belt done, probably not the pulleys and water pump though. But, did it all at 205k or so. Also did the head gaskets around 115k, not that it really needed it, but there was a little coolant and oil leaking out. I'd recommend one to anyone, like the others said, if it's been taken care of. When I was looking last, I found an '02 with 65k on it at a dealer, oil leaks like crazy, and it was so sloppy to drive, felt like it should have had 300k on it. I passed it up for this one that still feels better at 226k, still with all original suspension and steering parts, aside from sway bar links. Good luck!

·
Registered
2000 OBW, AT, 290.5k miles when I sold it
61 Posts
Oh, and one more thing I thought of last night. It's a very minor detail, but it might save you a headache in the future. These cars have a great feature in that the headlights always shut off with the ignition, virtually eliminating dead batteries from leaving the headlights on. Virtually. There is a switch on top of the steering column that will allow the park lights to be turned on at any time. I'd be willing to bet that switch has caused at least one dead battery for most Subie newbies. It sure did for me! :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts