Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Subaru Outback Limited, Manual Transmission
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm wondering if there's a bracket or something. All the saved pics I have seem to be from cars that don't have a front plate.

I don't really like the plate just being screwed or bolted straight to the bumper if there's some sort of mounting piece for it.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
738 Posts
here you go for the 2013

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Car-Worx-OW-13-FP-License-Bracket/dp/B00A7CL2BM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365116067&sr=8-1&keywords=front+plate+bracket+2013+subaru+outback[/ame]

I just got one for my 2010 but waiting for the weather to warm up so the tape has a chance, it has screws as well and the plate will sit a bit higher as well.

·
Registered
22,835 Posts
No bracket just two self tapping screws through the bumper cap. If you live and park where parallel parking takes place don't put a bracket on your plate. The brackets get pressed into the bumper and will cut through the bumper cap and cause more damage than they are worth. A flat plate with two screws will survive parallel parking abuse.

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon 2.5L Auto Weather Package
1,972 Posts
As the OP lives in Oregon, I suggest a trip to Bi-Mart for the plastic mounting base and a plate frame like I did. The stock 2 holes can be used to mount the base to the bumper, but are slotted so you can make the plate sit higher or lower than stock. Then you stick the plate on, best with a frame over top of that. I think I'll take a pic of mine later and post it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts