Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the past 5 months I was driving a spare wheel set with winter tires and no TPMS sensors, so got used to having my dashboard TPMS light on permanently.

I just put the stock wheels back on, but the pressure was a bit low from being in my garage all winter, so the light stayed on. But then I pumped up all 4 tires and drove away... and the light STILL stayed on. Have put probably 5 miles on the tires since then and the light is still on. Checked the tires and they are all good. Is that normal, or will it go off eventually?

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Takes a little bit. Also I suspect the sensors might shut down or do some sort of standby type thing when not moved for a while. I parked my toyota for a month had the light on for some time till I took a decent drive like two hour trip and the light finally went off. Yes tire pressure was checked and air added to all 4 after being parked.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Takes a little bit. Also I suspect the sensors might shut down or do some sort of standby type thing when not moved for a while. I parked my toyota for a month had the light on for some time till I took a decent drive like two hour trip and the light finally went off. Yes tire pressure was checked and air added to all 4 after being parked.
Ok, good to hear. Thanks for the response. Funny thing is the sensors are obviously communicating with the receiver, since now when I start it up there is no flashing light like there was before with the other wheels. Not sure why the communication isn't actually telling the light to turn off completely, but oh well. Will wait for it to happen. :29:

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
You'd be correct. Subaru Tire Pressure Monitoring System operation

When the car isn't moving for 15 minutes, the sensors go to "sleep."

Today I had the Geolandar that I sliced replaced. Took about five minutes of driving once I left the shop for the light to go out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts