Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 White Outback Touring 2.5i
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this question but here goes. I ordered a White 2018 Outback Touring 2.5i on 3/28. I was told it would be in 5/04. I stopped by my Subaru dealer in Westchester County, NY expecting to work out the new car pickup details but now he's saying the car won't be in until 5/21 instead. How long does it take Subaru to build my car & is there any way to track the car since I have a VIN#?

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited Forester (hers) (4th Subie), 2014 Impreza Premium (mine)(#5)
2,298 Posts
You are in the part of the country serviced by SNE. That means that while you ordered the car at your dealership, the order itself had to go through SNE instead of being placed directly with SOA.

Having said that, even out here, it's typically 6-8 weeks, depending upon where things are in the production cycle. So if you ordered it from me on 03/28, I would have told you it would be here on 05/28 and anything earlier is a pleasant surprise. He should have given you a VON when you ordered the car (or shortly thereafter) (VON - Vehicle Order Number). The VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) doesn't get assigned to the car until it's actually scheduled for production at the plant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts