Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Outback limited D/R 5mt
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Im wondering how many Australians are on this forum! Havent been here for long but have been reading a bit over time.

Maybe we can get some kind of offroad trip happening for those who go offroad or want to try it out? Im based in Perth and am always keen for a trip :grin2: Havent seen many Outbacks offroad in Aus at all so it would be cool to see.

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,156 Posts
Hi,

I am ex sandgroper born and bred in Cottesloe. Drank my 1st somewhat under age beer at the OBH many many years ago. Live in Central Victoria now. Parents and siblings still in Perth. There are a few of us Aussies on here.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 2.5i Premium
27 Posts
Hi there, I'm from Perth also. Live in Port Kennedy....2016 OB here. All stock for now.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello everyone!
Cool as! Not a bad mix so far haha.

1 Vic
1 WA
2 SA

·
Registered
3 Posts
New member here. I'm in Hunter Valley, NSW. Inland from Newcastle. I have a 98' Outback. Sadly with blown head gasket but bought it for $1600. Doing heads soon

·
Registered
2 Posts
New member here from Sydney
Premium Diesel (MY14)-Silver. All stock bar a rear swaybar.
Looking to get a tune done in the future
cheers

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here in the Hills District of Sydney. Proud owner of a 2012 Outback 2.5. Only problem so far was the need to replace under warranty, the rear hatch gas lifts.

·
Registered
My 15 2.5L base model
2 Posts
Another Victorian here. Traded our 2001 Outback in on a MY15 2.5L bog standard. Looking forward to some camping/hiking in the high country.

Jeff.

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Forester, 2.5i, CVT, 2014 Outback Premium diesel CVT.
163 Posts
Mount Gambier SA here, 1" spacer lift, 2013/4 diesel Premium CVT.
Most offroad Subies seem to be Foresters. Plenty of lift bits at Subielift OZ, for both Forester, and Outbacks. Check out their Facebook page.

·
Registered
2008 Outback, Auto, 2.5L
10 Posts
2008 2.5L Outback in Perth

I'm in the Perth metro area and do a lot of beach driving.
Generally just day trips so far, but planning a few overnighters this year.

I've been on two day trips with the Subaru 4WD Club of WA recently, great bunch of people, but unfortunately I've got other things on for their next few trips. Did Lancelin Dunes in December with them, then White Hills through to Mylaup early January.

With friends I've done White Hills to Preston a lot, and dunes up near Dongara a few times. Going up to Jurien Bay in a week with some mates to check out some tracks up there, then a fortnight after that down to Pemberton to give Yeagarup Dunes a go. I might remember to take some photos and write a little trip report to put on here.

I've got a mostly stock 2.5L 2008 Outback. I think I've updated the changes I've made in my bio.

·
Registered
2008 Outback, Auto, 2.5L
10 Posts
I'd been keen for a beach run sometime, but I've got fortnightly trips planned for the next month or so yet, so might not be free. North or South? I go to White Hill/Preston Beach (South of Halls Head) all the time, but a friend at work has been spruiking Wilbinga (North of Two Rocks), so I need to try that sometime.

I forgot to take many pictures up at Jurien and then at Lancelin on the way back, but I might still write a small trip report in a new post this week. Did a bit of damage to the plastic on the car, but nothing structural. Lots of scratches too, because I took a few overgrown tracks, but they'll likely all buff out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome everyone! Good to see some fresh members too and a good amount of off road inclined OB's!

Hello to the WA guys, Id be keen for some kind of trip. Beleive it or not i havent done any beach apart from some southern coastal tracks and this side of Perth ive only done the lancelin dunes. Im originally from Sydney so i hunt out everything that is not sand! Would be great to have some kind of outing however so long as its nothing thats extremley soft.

Cheers!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts