Votes: 5 1.3%
  • 9 or more, if more specify

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • I'm thinking about getting my first!

Votes: 9 2.3%
41 - 60 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
Hers - 04 red/beige OBW 2.5, His- 2001 Impreza L Wagon For Sale & 65 Triumph TR4A
132 Posts
Now up to 3

Last time I voted, I was on number two. We now have three, but one is sold.

1995 Impreza L Fwd coupe (not a "real" Subie)
2004 Outback Wagon (wife's car)
2001 Impreza L Wagon AWD 5-speed (mine)

It was a no brainer at this point what car to buy when it was time to replace the 95. Nothing else is offers the same amount of attributes, without the fluff like a Subaru. Yes, I am nutty Subaru loyalist at this point.

·
Registered
2016 OBW 2.5i Premium w/EyeSight
91 Posts
1997 OBW
2002 VDC OBW

Ok, I'm 22, I've had 3 cars and 2 of them subies. I'm sold.

·
Registered
'02 Outback, 4cyl
7 Posts
My wife drives an '02 Outback.
I have an '01 Forester L.
My oldest son has a '97 Outback w/145k.
Youngest son has a '98 Outback Ltd. w/120k.

The family that Subis together, etc. etc.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
Obsidian Black 2005 Outback 2.5XT 5 Speed Wagon & Brilliant Silver 2005 Legacy 2.5GT Wagon 5MT
174 Posts
I can't believe I haven't updated any of this stuff. I now am missing the OBXT BIG TIME. I traded it for a 2000 SAAB 9-3 SE convertible in March. I will post pics tonight on my MySpace blog. Hope everyone is well.

·
Registered
Obsidian Black 2005 Outback 2.5XT 5 Speed Wagon & Brilliant Silver 2005 Legacy 2.5GT Wagon 5MT
174 Posts
Greenie! It's been forever since I've talked to any of you guys. Here's the link. You can read all about how I got rear ended by an Indian Catholic Priest over the weekend!

http://blog.myspace.com/klindemuth

·
Registered
99 Outback
34 Posts
10 in total.

Ranging from daily drivers to my rally vehicles. I started off with a 84 Leone GL Wagon with a raised roof.

I now drive a 99OB wagon

Inbetween those two have been WRX STi's and a myriad of other vehicles. The only Subarus I haven't owned are 360s and B9s

·
Registered
2000 Outback 2.5lt Auto
11 Posts
Just got my first Subaru one week and one day ago. 2000 Outback Auto. Already had to replace the windscreen, the transmission doesn't lock, the wife has ripped of somebody's front bumper reversing out of a aprking space and after reading about head gasket problems, they are under powered and other little things that goes wrong i am seriously wondering if i have done the right thing!!

Bought the thing because they are meant to be reliable!!!

:D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Three! First was a 1981 DL wagon (a TANK...drove like one, too) followed by a 1999 Outback Limited, and then our current 2002 Outback LL Bean.

Living in the NW, we love our Soobs!!

·
Registered
2001 OBW 2.5L dark blue
50 Posts
I'm on my second 1991 Legacy wagon!

Got the first one in 1994. Parted way with it in 1999 (the ex got it).

Same year I got another 1991 Legacy wagon, which just won't quit. Still runs great!

I see an OB in my future though.

·
Registered
02 OB sport, 2.5, 5MT, WRX seats/catback/rear bar, Hellas, Home Despot CAI and roof rack
1,572 Posts
was there a custody battle? :D

my ex got the 95 Leggy, called me up *****ing abt it later and i offered to trade her either my Mazda truck or Jeep Cherokee straight across. shut her up fast.....

my 02 OBS is #3...first was slow n ugly but lovable 82 GL wagon ("Subaru: inexpensive and built to look that way"). running great when i parted with it at 186K despite no oil changes for about 25-30K miles before it came into my life (nother ex, car had rounded off oil drain plug head so she just didn't get oil changed!)

·
Registered
2001 OBW 2.5L dark blue
50 Posts
CPToversteer said:
was there a custody battle? :D

No, I let him have it. It had 170K on it and rust. The one I have now is much nicer, had less miles, and no rust at all.

·
Submod , ,
2000 BMW R1150gs
3,012 Posts
2 now, I just bought this 04 today. I pick it up on Monday.

·
Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
6,186 Posts
With a 5 speed nonetheless!!

Brian

·
Submod , ,
2000 BMW R1150gs
3,012 Posts
Finally, eight months of searching and saving, saving and searching (and haggling with my wife over the price :yodaddy: ) comes to an end! :bonk:

I listed the most important things to me in a new subie
Year (2004+)
Price (around $16k)
Manual trans
Low mileage (under 50k)
Moonroof
Colour (mica red)

I only got four out of six of them but they were the most important things and the car is in near perfect condition... although the crapenzas will have to go ASAP. Those were the only part of the car that had any problems (I'll take a picture of them later). On my wish list now is to have Subaru put in a sunroof.

The tranny and clutch are super tight although it's been a little while since I've driven a stick so it could just be me. I got them down from $18,999 to $16,800 but on the way home today, I was thinking that I could have gotten them down to $16,500 or maybe even $16,300 (because of the tires) but oh well, I think I did okay on negotiating and am content. :roadtrip:

Now, :gmb: !

·
Registered
2006 OBW 2.5i Auto ( my first auto in 20 years )
86 Posts
This is my first 'Baru, a 2006 obw 2.5i with more bells and whistles than I have had in any other car. Heated seats !! What a luxury in Alberta ! Also my first slush box tranny in many many years and am finding it not so bad. So far, with 33k on it, the car continues to impress me. Drove past a Chevy 1/2 ton stuck in the mud today and just smiled and waved. Was very careful not to splash him.
One of the reasons I chose a Subaru Outback was because our local veterinarian is on his 10th Outback wagon and highly recommends them. They have his picture up in the Edmonton Subaru dealership.....lol.

·
Registered
'00 Outback Sedan
39 Posts
I've owned two.

My first was a '99 Forester. Had head gasket and transmission issues at 76,000 (6,000 miles out of warranty) and Subaru refused to work with me despite documented maintenance so I unloaded it and bought a Honda CR-V (great car).

I had vowed never to own a Subaru again because of the lousy experience with their customer service, but that recently changed when my father bought a Lexus RX400h hybrid and gave me his '00 Outback Limited sedan with 101,000 miles on the clock at the time.

I am enjoying the Outback which just had new HG, timing belt & pulleys, seals, t-stat & hoses, valve cover & plug seals, cat, plugs & wires. I'm hoping for at least another 2-3 years without a car payment. Now I would consider another Subaru in the future, but not without a no cost 100,000+ warranty on the HG.

·
Registered
97 Subaru Legacy Outback
17 Posts
owned a few

My first Subaru was a 81 gl 4x4 wagon I bought when I was in school about 18 years ago, remember the dual range and cyclops passing light? It was a great car in the snow but it goes without saying the 71 hp was pretty weak.
The 2nd was a 87 gl 4x4 wagon, it was a sturdy car and proved to be a good mtn car.
The 3rd was a 92 Subaru Legacy awd wagon, it was a nice car, by the time I gave it to my dad, it has 230k on it. The car worked well and my dad enjoyed having it the last year he was alive, he took a lot of short road trips after he was diagnosed with cancer.

The 4th was a 00 Forester, great little car but after 145k, my wife and I decided to upgrade her car to a 03 Honda Pilot that she loves.

The 5th was a 98 Legacy wagon, I had it about 2 years, and recently sold it after the transmission starting getting loud.

Now I drive a 97 outback that my mom gave me with about 75k miles on it, and Im sure that I will get another 100k out of it before I buy another Subaru.

My parents own a 04 h6 and 07h6 and they seem to handle their needs quite well.

41 - 60 of 139 Posts