Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sounds like a dumb question but I am at my last step for my audio build, what all do I need to get for wires, I am not going to buy a kit, will most likely get them from lowes besides the RCA cables, all I know is that I am getting 4gage wire for power and ground 4 sets new speaker wire is 12gage ok? Ad can this be any other type of wire of 12 gage,I have all the the harnesses do I need anything else I will need to find a place that sells fuse and fuse box but I thought I found some at lowes as well I just don't know what I am looking at for them also got a back up camera as well, but I should have everything I need for that as well,sub has wire connectors that I haven't seen before do I use RCA or something else...,i want to do this right the first time if y'all can help me out would be awesome

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited Carbide Gray
832 Posts
I would stay away from what Lowe's sells (or any big box for that matter). The 4 awg wire that they sell will be much different than what you can get from a stereo shop, or welding supply store. The kits will give you everything that you need from the ring terminals for the battery, the ground block, the fuse holder for under the hood as well as the grommet for the firewall. Before you buy I would do some price shopping to see where you will end up spending more.

·
Registered
2011,premium,2.5
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I bought xscorpion flat 1/0 gauge wire 25ft, 100 amp fuse and volt detect fuse house,I was reading more into my amp Manuel it said 4-2 gauge for 5 feet, 2-1/0 for 10 feet, this will be under my trunk lid so I bought all this for around 95$ with 2 day shipping it will be here to arrow and pulling an all nighter to install this

On a different note I did install my bass volume controller just under ther traction control button, there was a blank spot, it wasn't easy to make this happen but after a few hours of figuring this out,I finally got it in place,I will try to take pics while I am doing this build tomorrow night/ morning lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts