Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scrape my floor against rocks and stuff all the time, don't know what I was thinking when I put on my lowrider tires. 225/65/17 geolanders should give me a little bit of a lift but im also considering subtle strut spacers or the spacers with king springs. I hear the king springs are ridiculously stiff and provide good reason for new struts. so when I need new tires they'll be geolanders (I know there on backorder now, itll be a while til I order) i'm just wondering how much more of a lift they'll give cuz its like $700+

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
619 Posts
I scrape my floor against rocks and stuff all the time, don't know what I was thinking when I put on my lowrider tires. 225/65/17 geolanders should give me a little bit of a lift but im also considering subtle strut spacers or the spacers with king springs. I hear the king springs are ridiculously stiff and provide good reason for new struts. so when I need new tires they'll be geolanders (I know there on backorder now, itll be a while til I order) i'm just wondering how much more of a lift they'll give cuz its like $700+
I can answer that! About 1 1/2 inches (with the Primitive Rally spacers). Nice to help clear obstacles.

One thing to consider is that you may need to lower the rear subframe after lifting the car to get the rear alignment back in spec. I did. After lifting you will have more positive camber, and the wheels will sit farther forward in the wheel well. Primitive sells spacers for that, don't know the price. They worked, but so did the washers I used before them...

Some info on my car: Legacy: Silverback - Reddoak's 2011 Outback. - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

Info on the lift and the rear suspension: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-present/37546-lift-blocks-outback.html#post369424

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what I mean is how much more of a lift would I get with king springs plus spacers vs stock springs with spacers. I keep going back and forth on this, I think ill leave my car alone even though id like it higher, I don't scrape my floor that often, maybe once a month or so. I think taller AT tires should be enough for me.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
I got exactly an inch on my 2004 with just the King springs and new struts. I imagine each generation is a little different, though.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, so if I do decide to get spacers I will not get the king springs, thanks to all that responded which is two of you. its really amazing how popular threads are when they have nothing to do with gas mileage

·
Premium Member
2013 OB 3.6R (former)
2,784 Posts
ok, so if I do decide to get spacers I will not get the king springs, thanks to all that responded which is two of you. its really amazing how popular threads are when they have nothing to do with gas mileage
LOL, so true!

But the problem is that the raised springs provide different lift to different models and that the lift is not permanent. I have read on the offroad forum that they may settle all the way down to stock height in just 30,000 miles. Others said they felt the lowering, but not to the same extent. So, this kind of lift seems to be one of constantly decreasing returns to investment...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts