I found a 2006 Outback XT with the following properties:
- 111k miles
- Service done by Subaru dealers and I have scans of all service records.
- Timing belt, water pump, tensioner, idler pulleys, thermostat, upper and lower coolant hoses done at 105k
- Oil only changed every 7.5k miles but I see only two records the oil needed change according to multiple point inspection (two times yellow, not red). I told him about the service bulletin but he wasn't aware of this.
- Both rear and right front wheel bearing changed at 108k miles
- Rear brakes changed, CV boots and wipers changed at 97.5k
- Accy driving belts and p/s flush at 90k
- I think tires changed at 97.5k because thread before was 6/32 before on some and at 105k it was all 9/32.
- Front break pads 8+ and rear break pads replaced at 105k
Some replacement of light bulbs before and normal service according to schedule.
Car still looks great on the inside and outside but I was a bit disappointed when I looked under the hood everything looked a bit dirty especially the battery and he told me he had to jump start his car before because he left a light on.
Car drove ok but I can't really compare as I only drove a few outbacks and none with turbo's. Is it normal it takes a bit before the turbo kicks in? It accelerated fine but i wasn't put in the back of my seat as some people say here. I had that with a porsche carrera (as a passenger) but I guess I am comparing apples to pears.
So I am a bit confused, on one side I know this is a 1 owner, accident free car with service records which is very good if I read this forum, on the other hand he didn't change the oil every 3.75k and under the hood it looked a bit messy (but i am an novice so can't conclude anything about it).
Do you think this is a good car to buy or will it give me lots of service trouble ahead (120k coming up but that is ok).
Btw he asks $11500 because that is what edmunds, kbb says. I prefer to pay less of course and maximum budget is $10000. What is a good deal and/or fair price?
Thanks for reading and any help, I learned already a lot from reading this forum!