Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Outback 2.5L 5 Speed, 2014 Outback Premium 2.5L CVT
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I are thinking about upgrading our 08 Outback to a newer model. I've never bought a brand new car before, but with the difficulty in finding a good used one, and Subaru currently offering 0% financing, we are thinking about going new. This isn't something we have to do but are just testing the waters, depends on what they offer us in trade. I know I would be better selling the car outright, and I may end up going that route but I'll see what they offer first. I'm just curious how often Subaru does this so I'll know how willing I'll be to just walk away and wait for another time. I've never paid attention to the new offers before.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'17 Legacy Limited 2.5
34 Posts
great info here for the best price to pay of the car. Subaru always seems to be offering the 0% financing, I also just got a net car, I found CarMax to me a fair price for our '09 Tribeca

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R, Dark Blue Pearl
14 Posts
FYI, they don't necessarily offer the full 63 month 0% to everyone. We got 0% but only over 48 months and needed a larger down payment with over 800 credit score to accommodate the loan. It all depends what you declare as your income from what I was told - and your debt to income ratio. Since we have a mortgage it changed the terms they were willing to give us.

I don't know how much they seek out actual numbers prior to or after approving the loan, so I gave a conservative number in an effort to avoid any issues.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6r
12 Posts
I don't know Subaru's history of 0% financing, but I do know 0%, with a generous term, on a new model year vehicle early in its release is not very common.

Just be ready to be disappointed in your trade in value! Dealers like to buy trade ins they can finance and banks typically don't like to finance 10+ year old cars unless they are exceptional (low miles).

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
Outbacks, like many vehicles, have been on a downward sales trend the last couple of months. Most auto makers are still offering 0%. I would expect Subaru to do the same in order to compete.

What are your expectations on the value of your trade? Without knowing mileage or condition I would expect it to fetch around $4k. Unless it is an exceptional 10 year old car, pretty much all new car dealers will send it to auction or sell to a local wholesale dealer.

Drop by your local CarMax and get their appraisal.

·
Registered
'17 Legacy Limited 2.5
34 Posts
credit score does pay a major role in financing, we were very happy that CarMax gave us $7K for our '09 Tribeca.

·
Registered
5,876 Posts
credit score does pay a major role in financing, we were very happy that CarMax gave us $7K for our '09 Tribeca.
+1....pretty much need a tier 1 credit score to qualify.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Rarely ever! I remember the first time was only a few yrs ago when the dealers couldnt get rid of yr old last offerings of the Tribeca. And even then it was very limited.

0% loans are only used to move stagnant inventory of which Subaru has rarely ever had. When your selling cars faster than you can build them and have the highest cash purchase rate in the industry and the highest credit average buyer in the industry there is little to zero reason to offer free financing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts