Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

First post on this forum. Looks like a great place!

Wife just bought a 2018 Outback Limited with the 8" StarLink Nav screen.

The "target lines" (or whatever they are called) on the back-up camera screen are out of calibration.

Is there a procedure that outlines how to adjust them somewhere?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2018 Dark Blue Outback 3.6R Touring arrived 8/31/2017
343 Posts
Don’t try to do this, pretty sure there isn’t: sounds like an assembly defect, go back to the dealership to get it resolved.

·
Registered
2012 Legacy 2.5GT-L
312 Posts
The procedure below is for the '15 system from the service manual. If this doesn't work, then you need to take a look at the '18 service manual and it should be defined there (should be in body -> entertainment -> rearview camera system. Easiest way to get the service manual is through techinfo.subaru.com, pay for the 3 day subscription, and download it (it's sort of a pain as you are limited to 50 files per hour, and there are a lot of files - some folks have written scripts that should do it automatically, but otherwise, it's tedious - when I did it for my car, I used firefox with the downthemall add on - every hour, tag 50 files and hit go - wash, rinse, repeat)

Attachments

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited Forester (hers) (4th Subie), 2014 Impreza Premium (mine)(#5)
2,298 Posts
Hello,

First post on this forum. Looks like a great place!

Wife just bought a 2018 Outback Limited with the 8" StarLink Nav screen.

The "target lines" (or whatever they are called) on the back-up camera screen are out of calibration.

Is there a procedure that outlines how to adjust them somewhere?

Thanks.
Just curious - HOW are they out of calibration? If you would, take a picture and post it of the screen. I'd be curious to see it.

·
Registered
'17 Otbk Prem. Wilderness Green
60 Posts
I had a post out here a while asking the same. Sort of. Every time I back in, the car winds up canted nose slight right. When I took it to the dealer they said they tried it with 3 new on the lot and mine. Same thing happened with them all. .....they said there was no fix. If there is, I'd love to have a '17 that backs in straight!

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5i
28 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to adjust the 2018 outback backup camera? The procedure for the 2017 does not work for the 2018. My driveway is on an hill and I back down but at the bottom where it flattens out it engages the ABS. I am hoping I can raise the target about 1".

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,110 Posts
My driveway is on an hill and I back down but at the bottom where it flattens out it engages the ABS. I am hoping I can raise the target about 1".
The rear camera and RAB are two totally independent systems. As far as I know, RAB is not adjustable.

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
971 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to adjust the 2018 outback backup camera? The procedure for the 2017 does not work for the 2018. My driveway is on an hill and I back down but at the bottom where it flattens out it engages the ABS. I am hoping I can raise the target about 1".
I have the same issue. Never thought there might be a way to adjust that. For myself, I'd love to adjust the MPG calculation like you could with the older models. Mine is way off, close to 3 MPG optimistic. I wish my VCDS cable worked on more than VWs. :grin2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts