Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations on buying full sets of wheels (rims+ tires) online? I have a 2007 Subaru Outback 2.5i and thought to try doing it online instead of local for a change.

I have heard that Subaru's are particular on the rims they use. Going generic was suggested to be a bad idea.

I live in Canada but would also consider buying in US and getting them shipped.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
Tire rack has a good reputation, and good customer service. 1 set of rims and few sets of snows from them so far, and 1 or 2 sets of 3-season tires. Or was it 3 sets?

And, they know what the heck a hub-centered wheel is.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
I bought General Altimax Arctic snows mounted on Sport Edition F7 rims for a winter set for my 2004 from Tire Rack. Pricing was good (with shipping, probably just under what I would have paid locally) and though I haven't put any miles on the tires yet, the rims bolt on perfectly and I'm very pleased with my purchase.

When I replace my all-seasons in the springs, I'll probably do that locally only because I'll need to have the new tires mounted on my other set of rims anyway and it's not such an inconvenience if I do it during the winter while I'm still running my snows and can still drive the car (don't have to leave it there or wait for it).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
jp1203
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing