Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I was ready the manual last night ( I know...)

so, how do we install/operate the cargo cover?

The metal cross bar easily snaps back. what to do with the front cover? I didn't realize there was this front cover. should we just use the rubber feet? should the front cover be streched so it's right behind the rear seats? or should we leave some gap, for reclining? or should one move the front cover back every time before reclining the rear seat?

not very well documented in the manual.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi

I was ready the manual last night ( I know...)

so, how do we install/operate the cargo cover?

The metal cross bar easily snaps back. what to do with the front cover? I didn't realize there was this front cover. should we just use the rubber feet? should the front cover be streched so it's right behind the rear seats? or should we leave some gap, for reclining? or should one move the front cover back every time before reclining the rear seat?

not very well documented in the manual.
If your car is similar to my 2012, then there is an arrow imprinted in the side molding on each side where the rubber feet should be positioned. Look carefully and at different angles until you see them. Just line up the arrows that are imprinted on the rubber feet with the arrows imprinted on the side molding and you'll have it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If your car is similar to my 2012, then there is an arrow imprinted in the side molding on each side where the rubber feet should be positioned. Look carefully and at different angles until you see them. Just line up the arrows that are imprinted on the rubber feet with the arrows imprinted on the side molding and you'll have it.
is this good for both reclined and non-reclined back seat?

so we clamp the metal bar in first, then aling the front cover?

·
Registered
91 Posts
is this good for both reclined and non-reclined back seat?

so we clamp the metal bar in first, then aling the front cover?
Mine has the reclining rear seats, so this works for mine. As to your second question - yes, clamp in the bar first then align the front cover to match up the arrows. However, if your seats do not recline I can see no reason not to extend the front cover as far forward as it will go after you clamp in the bar.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine has the reclining rear seats, so this works for mine. As to your second question - yes, clamp in the bar first then align the front cover to match up the arrows. However, if your seats do not recline I can see no reason not to extend the front cover as far forward as it will go after you clamp in the bar.
i think rear seat recline on all models.

so as long as the arrows are aligned, we don't have to move the front cover back every time we recline?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With our cover that little front flap only covers the gap between the seats and the cover bar if the seats are reclined.

If the seats are not reclined there is still a gap between the mini cover and the seats.

Thanks. I am heading home to try this.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Take the cover and the car back to dealer and ask for a refund.

They (Subrau) clearly made a very overly complicated device.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
Ali_pine
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing