Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The center dash is slightly pebbled so the suction mount I bought won't stick. Other suggestions or pruchases.There really doesn't seem to be a placeto carry the phone. Nothing fits and it slides off the center dash console on mountain curves.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,002 Posts
The suction mount I have I mount on the windshield, left of steering wheel. I'm sure, though, that Weathertech would be happy to sell you one of their cupholder models for $40 or so.

Reactions: Stumblr

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
346 Posts
The suction mount I have I mount on the windshield, left of steering wheel. I'm sure, though, that Weathertech would be happy to sell you one of their cupholder models for $40 or so.
Yes,. They will. (Downside, I lose a cup holder but carry water bottles in the door spots)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2010 2.5 CVT Premium
1,212 Posts
Seems to me if you want to use it for GPS or some mapping, then A-pillar or windshield mount is the way to go. Otherwise the other options will work. I just drop my 1st gen SE into the cupholder.

·
Registered
Looking....and looking....and looking...and found! 2011 Outback 2.5i, 6-speed manual.
44 Posts
I use a mount that attaches a rod that can be molded to shape mounted to the left front passenger seat mounting bolt. The 22" one I bought puts my phone just above the shift lever (6MT) height and blocks no controls for me.. Have been thinking of trying one that is 2-4" taller to see how I like that.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i 6MT
4 Posts
I have an iOttie holder from Crutchfield. Stuck it to the window just to the left of the steering wheel, kept rather low to not obscure my view. Mostly I just want my phone to be in a good spot for a cellular and GPS signal, which is good since it bounces very slightly on the highway and I prefer CarPlay for navigation.

·
Registered
2015 Outback 2.5i Limited, Ice Silver/Black
2,002 Posts
I also have an iOttie, now obsolete. Newegg blew them out for $5 about 3 years ago.
Silicone mounting pad is great. Hung on for about 2 years before it fell off on a very hot day. Just rinse with water to refresh.

·
Registered
2011 SSM Outback 2.5i Premium
2,045 Posts
I also have an iOttie, now obsolete. Newegg blew them out for $5 about 3 years ago.
Silicone mounting pad is great. Hung on for about 2 years before it fell off on a very hot day. Just rinse with water to refresh.
That model may be discontinued, but there's a new generation that's still available. I have it, it's STUCK to the windshield and I have trouble releasing it even when trying to do so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts