Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I simply install new Legacy sedan springs & shocks on a new Outback to drop the ride height to that of a sedan?
WHY? Because a new Outback fits our needs perfectly except for the height. My wife has very short legs and during a test drive, had to literally jump into and out of the driver's seat. Not acceptable.
Subie sells new Legacy wagons in other countries, but not the US. Anyone know how to turn a new outback into a legacy wagon?
I'm willing to put a couple grand into it, if it's just springs and shocks.
Any input appreciated!

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
737 Posts
Did you try asking the dealer? Your wife must be VERY short as the difference would be 2" or less. If it's medically documented somehow I see Subaru has a program that covers at least some of the costs for say hand controls or changes accommodation for some handicaps etc. I think it covers like $500

here is a like: https://www.subaru.com/owners/resource-center/mobile-it-ease.html

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree - I would much rather have the Legacy Wagon. I have never had any trouble getting anywhere, including deep snow in my old Legacy Wagon OB (which was the really first year & really a Legacy wagon.)

It seems like it would also help w/ the crosswind blowing in the wind problem. But from what I have read it isn't as easy as just lowering it as some would suggest.

Both my spouse & I & our Moms are on the shorter size & it really is a step up.

Plus my dog really does like the jump up & he is a long 80 pound German Shepherd.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts