Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to remove "Caution - Make selections only when vehicle is stopped" message

I am sure this is in a thread somewhere, but I cannot find where. My searches just don't have enough kung-fu I guess...

Just took delivery of our 2013 OB Limited with SAP yesterday. So naturally, we have a NAV question --- How do we rid of that darn CAUTION message that shows on the NAV screen after starting up? It makes us hit "I Agree" everytime? Arrrgghhh....

The one thread I did find with my very poor search capabilities said that if you keep the screen on [Audio], the message does not appear. Would like to know is there some way to say "I agree" for eternity (or at least as long as I own the car).

Thanks in advance! LOVE THE CAR !!!!

·
Registered
683 Posts
Good luck on that one, John. Let us all know if you figure out how. I suspect that, short of hacking the firmware, you're not going to do it.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I've mentioned it before that lawyers got there hands on some electronics and were left alone. There is some legislation that has been proposed to not allow certain functions to work while in motion as well as requiring the aformentioned CAUTION message. My aftermarket Alpine and Kenwood do it as well as every unit that I've installed in the last 10 or so years that navigation was feasible.

In our OB I'm so used to it that I can hit that part of the screen without looking.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
You are lucky you have a 2013. Previous years required you to hit "I agree" evey time you started the car regardless of what mode the screen was in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was encouraged by my dealer to not choose the NAV option. I think they were trying to keep their JD Powers satisfaction numbers high. Plenty of complaints about NAV.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK, so I am not missing anything - it really is not in the setup...

I wish I had nothing but time on my hands to either hack this software or grab some lawyer and challenge the unsafe nature of how we have to hit the "I agree" button while we are driving; probably while we are backing up - even more unsafe.

You just can't make this stuff up..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
G-Omaha
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing