Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'11 outback 2.5i premium '12 impreza sport limited
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i read somewhere it only takes a few minutes if you know what you're doing. i'd like to know the right way to remove a headliner, i did before in my wrx for a rollcage but just ripped it out. i want to put dynamat on the roof, i hate windnoise, i love my stereo, and i LOVE my car.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
It will involve pulling the the moldings on the a, b, c and d pillars. Domelights, bins and visors are obvious remove things too.
Pull some plastic clips and it should drop down. Reclining and laying down all seats is a given too.

·
Registered
'11 3.6 Ltd
147 Posts
If you take the head liner down take some pics of fasteners and where the are. I'd like to add some deadener as well.

Thanks,
davidk

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok thanks, wont touch it til my summer break which is about 2 wks away. just gathering info for any help to make it as painless as possible

·
Registered
'18 3.6R Ltd
731 Posts
Found this...
Holy crap! According to that chunk of the manual, you've got to virtually take the entire interior out to remove the roof trim! Seats, seat belts, console, pillar trim (which does make sense)...

How badly do you really want that Dynamat? HPH

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well i've done that all before, its not so bad, i should probably get more dynamat to do the bottom at the same time so i only have to do it once.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
everything that can be taken out without the need for tools. headrests only removed because i hang air fresheners off posts to cover up the stinky dog smell.

much much more to come

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya, i probably should get one of those but oh well. taking everything out wasn't bad especially with that pdf. too bad getting everything back in will be a nightmare.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts