Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Outback 2012 Premium 2.5i
Discussion Starter #1
Subiepals:

I am going to replace the head unit in my Subaru Outback 2.5i 2012. I need access to the space under the steering column to route various wires, so I need to remove that whole driver side kick panel to expose the area underneath. Does anybody have a guide as to how to easily remove that panel? These things are always easier the second time around...

Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
Easy...open the drivers door, pop off the side panel, undo the two screws and pull out on the Top of the panel. You can See how to do it here. I had to do it the other day to reset my tap turn when it frizzed out and killed my ability to start the car. There are some plastic screws under the lower rim of the dash you can remove too that will help. Different reason but same thing needed to be done.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Easy...open the drivers door, pop off the side panel, undo the two screws and pull out on the Top of the panel. You can See how to do it here. I had to do it the other day to reset my tap turn when it frizzed out and killed my ability to start the car. There are some plastic screws under the lower rim of the dash you can remove too that will help. Different reason but same thing needed to be done.
You de man!! Just the information I needed. Thanks!!

Registered

Registered
Sorry for the late reply...as you may have heard weve been digging out here in NL....tons of snow.

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the late reply...as you may have heard weve been digging out here in NL....tons of snow.
Whoa! Fantastic! Sorry you are digging out.

Say, er, a...you don't have similar for the hatch and rear headliner? I am going to install a backup camera. I have an idea what to do, but those instructions show you where the clips are etc...

You de man!

Registered
PM me your email and I鈥檒l send the link to the entire service manual for the early fourth gen.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to the help of members of this forum. I successfully installed a nice backup camera over the license plate, routed the video cable/trigger wire through the driver side kick panel, and installed a nice Kenwood head unit with wireless apple carplay. Super nice setup, and a significant improvement in functionality for the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts