Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

My fun little weekend project is dismantling the old tailgate from my 2013 OB. Long story short: someone tapped us at drive-thru, insurance paid out, I replaced it the old hatch with a used one, and now I have a complete (but nicely dented) hatch sitting in my garage. I sell a lot of parts for old BMWs on eBay, so I figure this stuff will fit neatly into my ebay store. You can see what I plan to sell here.

Anyway, I'm at the stage where I need to remove the rear wiper motor. The mounting bolts are easy enough, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to get the wiper arm off the shaft that passes through the glass: how do I remove the little plastic cover that hides the wiperarm/shaft bolt without snapping the plastic?

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
452 Posts
Reactions: Hans747

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah, thanks for that link. After looking at pics of the wiper arms and the cover, I think I see how they come apart.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited. White, Sunroof, 2.5, CVT. Bought 2/15/11. Love it! Broke 109K, 2/20.
452 Posts
A huge sledge hammer? >:)

Perhaps a visit to a local glass shop for advice? I believe you need to get through the bonding gunk that is used to attached it. One of those wire "hack saw" like things after making an initial hole in the glue, but I am not positive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts