Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I disconnected the battery on my 2010 OB at the weekend, to install a Media Hub. Now the driver's window no longer has auto-down/up. I know there's a magic trick to reset this, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the secret?

·
Registered
515 Posts
Peter_Headland said:
I disconnected the battery on my 2010 OB at the weekend, to install a Media Hub. Now the driver's window no longer has auto-down/up. I know there's a magic trick to reset this, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know the secret?
Pretty sure it's in the manual somewhere, I remember reading it. Double-check the maintenance section around the battery change instructions. IIRC, It involves closing the door, manually putting the window down all the way and holding down for another second, then putting up all the way and holding up for an extra second. Or something like that.

Elliot

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure about the Subaru but......In other cars I've had with express up windows, you open the window, close the window all the way with the switch in the 1st detent (not auto position) and hold the switch there for 10 seconds. This usually resets the load limiter.

Do the same with the moonroof.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Peter_Headland said:

Initialization of power window

If the vehicle’s battery is disconnected due
to situations such as battery or fuse
replacement, the following functions are
deactivated.
. One-touch auto up/down function
. Anti-entrapment function
Initialize the power window in the following
procedure to reactivate such functions.
1. Close the driver’s door.
2. Turn the ignition switch to the “ON”
position.
3. Open the driver’s side window halfway
by pushing down the power window
switch.
4. Pull up the power window switch and
close the window completely. Continue
pulling up the switch for approximately 1
second after the window is closed completely.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Had this same problem. Dealership disconnected my battery because my headlamp went out on my 2010 Outback. That action reset all my radio presets and turned my auto window off.

The halfway down and back up then one second thing fixed it.
I would think that a dealership would be smart/diligent enough to reset everything needing resetting (other than radio presets) when they have to disconnect the battery!

At least I'd expect them to take care of that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would think that a dealership would be smart/diligent enough to reset everything needing resetting (other than radio presets) when they have to disconnect the battery!

At least I'd expect them to take care of that.
I don't expect too much from them... they took 2.5 hours to put in the new headlight, after telling me they've never done one before on the 2010 outback. They even considered taking off the actual headlight covering, but thankfully they didn't.

It's the only Subaru dealership near me and its one of those that are together with kia,suzuki,etc. It's clear to me that they don't have any knowledge of the newer models (you would think two years would be enough to gain that knowledge right?).

At least they were nice.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,
We just got our OB this week. Do all the models have the auto up feature or is it model specific? I asked the dealer but they weren't sure. Ours doesn't do it but was hoping maybe it could if all I had to do is disconnect the battery and reprogram it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you Ardvark11. Easy fix! The only bothersome thing is that the battery had not been disconnected and everything else with memory is fine.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi,
We just got our OB this week. Do all the models have the auto up feature or is it model specific? I asked the dealer but they weren't sure. Ours doesn't do it but was hoping maybe it could if all I had to do is disconnect the battery and reprogram it.
Auto down is standard on all trim levels. Auto up is standard on 2.5 Premium and up...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Aardvark fix worked on my BHE Outback :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
For some reason I can't get the auto up feature to work with my OB... The auto down works just fine, but it won't go up automatically.

I've gone through the initialization process numerous times to no avail... See video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMTI1UIit5o

Anyone able to chime in on what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: Just read a little closer...and saw a couple posts up that auto up isn't standard on the base models. There's my answer, I guess... Seems like a very silly thing to not include in the base models.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Good info! This works for the 2015 Outback as well. I was freaking out that the windows weren't working properly after disconnecting the battery. I was looking for a blown fuse. FYI, I had to do this on both driver and passenger sides.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
so I tried this half open window method and it didn't work. the window goes down fine, but goes up only 1 inch with each pull. any thoughts?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
17 Participants
Nobouncecap
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing