Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone this is my first post. I have been searching on the net for an answer but cant find it so was hoping the experts here could help me. I have a 2007 outback with the factory nav unit (kenwood). If i have the nav running and realise half way to my destination i know where i am, how do i stop the nav. i can go into the button on the far right then and the option "off" comes up on the screen. If i do this it turns the screen off but the nav voice keeps talking anyway. I could mute it and turn it off but would have to unmute it when i turn it back on. There must be an easier way to do this. Would love to hear any thoughts.

Jack

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think what you want to do is cancel route guidance and not "turn off Navigation".

On my 2011 Nav unit I have to do this.

Hit the menu button on the dash. Select "Route Options" on the Route options screen there is a button "Cancel Guidance"

I hope this helps.

Larry

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Larry,

You solved a very annoying problem. Guidance is a little different in this older outback but your advice still got me there. Turns out to stop the navigation you need to hit the screen adjustment button while on the nav screen not on any of the other screens (ie instruments) then when the overlay comes up on the screen with the off button, press it.
Thanks again mate.
Jack

1 - 3 of 3 Posts