Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
All they are is adapters to the factory crossbars for a "Yakima" or "Thule" or "standard" Ski Roof top carrier.

It's the mount, not the ski carrier. Yakima used to call these "mighty mounts" when they made specifics vs the universal clunker they make now.

Registered
2017 Outback Premium, silver
I have received my Subaru Outback Ski Mounting Clamps. But I am puzzled on how to use these clamps. Looks like round part fits the cross bar. But how does the ski attaches to the clamps?

https://subaruonlineparts.com/subaru-outback-mounting-clamps-p-3749.html

Thanks in advance

Matt Kas

2017 OB 3.6R
Gilbert, AZ
Traildogck has it correct.

I鈥檇 return these then head to rackattack and research Yakima ski accessories that fit the factory cross bars.

They make 4 and 6 pair versions

https://www.rackattack.com/ski-snowboard-racks/roof-mount-snow-racks/yakima-freshtrack-4/

Registered
2022 Outback Limited - 2.5 CVT
I'm cheap.

Last year I got a 1970's ski rack out of storage. Went to the local 'Rack Shop' and asked if they had any adapters suitable for the rack and Subaru crossbars. Walked out in a few minutes with expensive plastic pieces and a few pieces of threaded hardware. Went home and was stuck trying to mix 'inch' and 'metric' pieces. Another trip to the 'threaded pieces store' AKA Hardware Store. Walked out with appropriate hardware. Twenty minutes later the rack was installed. Then I found out the rack was 'locked' with reasonably stout locking hardware. Another hour of disassembly and drilling out locking mechanism was required to get the rack functional.

One advantage of the OLD rack, It's never seen a snowboard. Another is it holds seven pairs of narrow skis. Only five pair of 'powder' boards.

Well it was cheap. Going to the garage now and installing the rack if I still have all the threaded bits.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.