Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Called today to have the fuel pump replaced on my 2019 Outback. They are making appointments in August for it. We were planning a 1,000 mile road trip next month and that makes me kinda nervous. How urgent is this? Really don't want to break own 500 miles from home.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Haven’t seen any failures due to it, but you never know. You should be fine I would think.

If you don’t have good roadside assistance and are worried about it, schedule it.

Lots of information here in the sticky thread.

·
Registered
2019 Outback 3.6R
43 Posts
I had my car in two months ago for some works and they did not have the pump yet. Going in next week to have it done. No issues in between.

·
Registered
'19 Outback Premium; EcoHitch, 19mm RSB, & Orsini vinyl design (see avatar)
76 Posts
Two suggestions, call "your" dealer and see if they'll get a pump from another dealer and do your work sooner. Another possibility is call directly to other dealers you'd be willing to drive to (IF you have one or more) and try for an earlier appointment that's prior to your trip.

Whenever your service happens, remember to go in with <1/2 tank of gas. ~1/4 is even better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I called all around and found a rural dealer able to do it in 2 weeks. Bit of a drive, but it works.
They said half a tank, but will shoot for less.

·
Registered
'19 Outback Premium; EcoHitch, 19mm RSB, & Orsini vinyl design (see avatar)
76 Posts
Toller, if you're not already familiar, tank access requires removing the back seat, so its a good idea to clear out the seat & foot wells.
Enjoy your big trip with peace of mind.

·
Registered
138 Posts
My selling dealer (Bakersfield, CA) called me on Friday afternoon informing me of the recall and wanted me to schedule an appointment. I immediately called my local dealer (Santa Monica, CA) to see if they had parts. The told me they had the part but the next available appointment is middle of July. I laughed and told her, "let me know if you want my business or if you want me to call another dealership. I can drop it off tomorrow morning and you can have my car all day. If you need it longer than the weekend, give me a loaner vehicle."

She agreed and told me to come in as early as possible but couldn't promise it would be done same day..

Dropped it off on Saturday 8:30am, got a phone call it was finished and ready for pick up around 12:45pm.

·
Premium Member
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
617 Posts
Please correct me if I am wrong here. These fuel pump failures are predominately during long trips in high temps and are rare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts