Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is sad.

Sprout took a nasty hit the day before Halloween. Well, to be honest, she looks minimally damaged but she is not drivable due to exhaust system damage and a hole torn through the spare tire well into the passenger cabin. So, she sits sadly in the driveway waiting to go the the repair shop. Not quite as sadly as my wife looks at her in her damaged state, but still sadly.

We finally got insurance to supply us a rental car (Woo 0% at fault accident) and were handed a 2019 Nissan Sentra. Which feels like a spaceship with all the tech compared to our "2006 is the newest vehicle in our driveway" lives. So, wifey would rather drive something she knows than learn all the bells and whistles on the Nissan.

Guess, I'm driving that little thing for the next 6 weeks or so until Sprout is actually able to be taken in and repaired.

·
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm fairly confident she is repairable, just letting insurance do their thing for the moment. Expecting to end up with a $3-$4K repair bill based on the initial estimate. And the fact estimates always go up when they open things up to start fixing.

I spent over a year finding a minimally rusty willow green OB with cloth and under 100K miles for her. Sprout will either get fixed, or get bought back as a parts car to keep the next one I find going.

·
Premium Member
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
552 Posts
Good luck, keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,461 Posts
You need it totalled? I know a guy.

He can also get you a little toe but if you need it to be a particular side that'll cost more.

·
Registered
2019 Outback premium. Tungsten metallic.
314 Posts
My '19 Outback just spent 6 weeks at the "shop", at a cost of of $14,400. to the insurance company. A person plowed into the side of my car while texting. Looks new again.

·
Premium Member
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
552 Posts
Years ago the other insurance company wanted to total the 98 Forester. We fought them and our insurance company fixed her. Still driving it. They did a great job.

·
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sprout sits at the shop still. They aren't expecting to start working on her until the first week of December.

I'm not loving this Sentra.

·
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgot to update this.

Got Sprout back just before Christmas. Taking her back to the shop again, they didn't get everything fixed.

And they painted the rear bumper like a 2008-09, not like a 2005-07...so I'm making them fix that.

·
12,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They left the bottom of the bumper black.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,045 Posts
Hmm.

My 2005, which is all monochrome red, has black lower bumpers and rockers. My 2006, which is 2 tone, is not black.

Interesting...did all 2007+ get black?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts