Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all from Adelaide, south Australia
I have just purchased an 06 2.5 gen 3 outback with 200k kms and an immaculate service history. 3 small issues I have already noticed:
1 small pool of coolant on top of the engine drivers side
2 oil from the cv
3 noisy bearing in the a/c compressor

Has anyone else had issues similar and what else should I keep an eye/ ear out for? I look forward to a lengthy stay in this group ? very happy with this car
Thanks for reading

·
Registered
Outback 2.0XT, Audi TTq, Ducati M750
318 Posts
Nice car, love the wheels! The coolant is most likely a split or loose hose connection, can you provide a few pics of the engine bay and area where there's coolant? The CV boot needs replacement, very common for them to split, and the AC compressor is probably dead and needs a swap.

Check out the FAQs on the main page but the basic troublespots for the NA 2.5 are headgaskets, front control arm bushings, and keep an eye on oil levels, otherwise make sure its had the timing belt serviced. Welcome to the board!

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,156 Posts
Don't swap the CV joint, just reboot if possible. The originals are quite robust and last a long time as long as you get at the boot repairs promptly.

Regarding your title - "thank you for allowing me to join" - we allow just about anyone to join!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THanks for the reply’s lads, such an amazing car to drive (even though it’s only the 2.5?) the timing belt is due at 250k I believe so hopefully the head gaskets hold out until then and it can all be done at once. As for the above mentioned, should take a day to do the lot if I’m organised enough lol

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,156 Posts
...... so hopefully the head gaskets hold out until then.....l
Oh yeah, forgot to mention those - and I'm glad you already know about the possibility, since it's always hard to tell this to newcomers who have no idea of the possibility of failure.

Not sure which country you are from (and please fil out your profile, this makes it easier for all of us!), but did you check the recall status of your passenger airbag and whether the service was performed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts