Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I screwed up, or I should say my people screwed up! So I had to have a meeting today. The story starts with my two-hour drive that was only supposed to be half that, to a large metropolitan area that could only be described by saying the city planners must have some mysterious labyrinth fetish and a true unadulterated hatred of motor vehicles in general. I met my direct supervisor and two of the company lawyers for a pre meeting sit down and breakfast before we went on to the actual meeting about ten miles down the road with the customer and more lawyers to discuss unholy LARGE sums of money. So my morning thus far could have been scenes from “Mad Max” and “A Few Good Men” respectively. I was a little more than on edge when we piled into our cars to head to the meeting. My boss in the lead car, lawyers in the next, with me bringing up the rear of our promenade in my new Outback SAP. Now my fearless leader drives a HUGE jacked up Chevrolet truck and sees it as his personal challenge in life to drive somewhere near mock three with as little room between his bumper and the poor un expecting Prius in front of him as humanly possible. He proceeds to pull out of the restaurant followed by the lawyers leaving me with a horde of traffic barring down on me with no time to get into traffic to follow. Since I had no clue where the next meeting was to be held and I was to be following the convoy my day just kept getting better and better. Just as I thought all hope of keeping my job was lost…what do I see but the leader of the horde was an Outback with a true angelic woman behind the wheel. In this unkind, horrid city this wonderful kind heroin slowed, smiled and waved me in front of her. I know this story may seem lame or even silly to you, but this one small act of civility truly changed my day and maybe even my life. I want to always remember my angel in the Outback and hopefully be able to repay this kindness through my own acts of patience and civility.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Next time let GPS guide you to the meeting.
Losing that egotistic, narcissistic boss could be a blessing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
OutbackUFO
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing