Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2012 3.6R Limited Pearl White Satin
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another use of the hatchback: to smash a walker's head lol.

·
Registered
13 blk Outback 2.5i cvt AW package, bunch of other OEM accessories...12 blk F350 6.2 gasser 4x4...10 Goldwing red nav ...04 JD 4510 loader/bhoe
77 Posts
OM!!! You mean now I have to watch that:gasp:
The wife and I go back and forth about the WD:eek:

I just don't get it. A show that has "walkers" that can only travel at 4 mph! Yikes that's super slow. LOL but, they always seems to get some fresh meat:17:

So really, how much acting skills do ya need to walk around like a stoned out, red meat deprived cannibal:D

Reminds me of my early 20's!!! LOL

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,378 Posts
Nice. I love seeing OB's in Portlandia, like everywhere haha.

·
Registered
97 Outback 230000
1,138 Posts
My daughter confirmed seeing the subaru symbol while the walker's head was being crushed, but I did not see the episode.

·
Registered
2012 3.6R Limited Pearl White Satin
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OM!!! You mean now I have to watch that:gasp:
The wife and I go back and forth about the WD:eek:

I just don't get it. A show that has "walkers" that can only travel at 4 mph! Yikes that's super slow. LOL but, they always seems to get some fresh meat:17:

So really, how much acting skills do ya need to walk around like a stoned out, red meat deprived cannibal:D

Reminds me of my early 20's!!! LOL
There are many of them and eventually they would corner you :D
I like the way the show leaves the audiences hanging at the end of each episode. Many shows done that, but I don't know what it is, the way the WD does it does not annoy me.
The acting is ok imo.
But now, I think they start to stretching the story a little bit due to its popularity. Not sure how it is compared to the book now.
Too bad the sponsor is Hyundai, not Subaru :28:

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
Yup, I saw that too. Red 1st Gen. Watched that episode with a group where three of us drive Subarus. Someone immediately commented on it.

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Vehicles#2001_Subaru_Outback Funny, they don't know they're Outbacks. Definitely not a 2001!

EDIT: Ha! It's a Wiki, so I revised it. I can't narrow the year down any more than 1996-1999 without rewatching that part of the episode.

·
Registered
13 blk Outback 2.5i cvt AW package, bunch of other OEM accessories...12 blk F350 6.2 gasser 4x4...10 Goldwing red nav ...04 JD 4510 loader/bhoe
77 Posts
Yup, I saw that too. Red 1st Gen. Watched that episode with a group where three of us drive Subarus. Someone immediately commented on it.

Vehicles - Walking Dead Wiki Funny, they don't know they're Outbacks. Definitely not a 2001!
Hmmm, what's the part "where three of us drive Subarus" are we all in the WD now...LOL

The show Is entertaining:29:

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited - Twilight Blue
167 Posts
Another use of the hatchback: to smash a walker's head lol.
I would be lying if I said the Outback's durability in the event of a zombie apocalypse wasn't a factor in my eventual purchase of an OB :29:

I do wish that they showcased Subaru AWD while driving over zombie carcasses or something even though I have to say the tailgate didn't budge at all when smashing that zombie's head.

·
Registered
2018 3.6 Outback Limited, 2013 2.5 Legacy Premium
534 Posts
The Outback was the first I noticed in that part of the episode. Reminded me of my first OB! My GF totally rolled her eyes that I'm such a nerd, but she loves these cars a lot too. Just not enough to sit here on these forums and talk about em all the time! LOL

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,017 Posts
"Homeland" also uses an Outback quite a bit. It's one of the main families car.

·
Registered
1999 obw 2.5l Auto 194,000 mi
80 Posts
My wife gets annoyed when I call out Subie! whenever I see an outback on tv or in a movie but I can't help myself.:D During TWD I shouted "Nice Subie Kill" and raised my dork meter but I don't care, plus now I have an avatar for my favorite car and show!

·
Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 3.6 Limited - Twilight Blue
167 Posts
My wife gets annoyed when I call out Subie! whenever I see an outback on tv or in a movie but I can't help myself.:D During TWD I shouted "Nice Subie Kill" and raised my dork meter but I don't care, plus now I have an avatar for my favorite car and show!
It's ok, I was so excited that I don't even remember what the point of the scene was in The Dark Knight Rises when Joseph Gordon Levitt carjacked the Outback and drove it around other than the fact he was driving an Outback around in a movie!

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
I saw it too. Not sure what it is about that show, but it's addicting. I think, more than anything, it's the only decent show on Sunday nights and they do a good job about leaving you hanging enough to want to watch the next episode.

My wife gets annoyed when I call out Subie! whenever I see an outback on tv or in a movie but I can't help myself.:D
My wife and I have recreated the old "slug bug" game using Subarus. She is getting much better at spotting them. I can't wait until my 1 yr old son yells out "RED ONE" one day. I'll be such a proud papa :D:29:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts