20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new 2.5 turbo motor
2003 JDM 2.5L Forester turbo Motor:: $3,700 + Shipping

email me at for more info [email protected]

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
What is the power rating for that engine? I'm sure its probably more than the USDM FXT 2.5L Turbo seeing as how the Japanese keep all the good stuff for themselves :rolleyes:

Also where did you buy it from?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i got the motor for japan.:p :p :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ski4Ever said:
OK, I'm confused. What does that mean? hehe

And, how easy (difficult) of a swap is putting that engine in an OBS going to be? Lots of mods, or mostly "bolt in"?

Matt
don't be confused. ok the swap is not bad.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yep, still confused. I'm thinking there's a language barrier here. Forcedair, is English not your first language? I'm not saying that's bad, so don't get mad at me, just trying to figure out why I can't understand anything you are trying to say. Does anyone else understand, and can explain it to me?

Matt

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Ski4Ever said:
Yep, still confused. I'm thinking there's a language barrier here. Forcedair, is English not your first language? I'm not saying that's bad, so don't get mad at me, just trying to figure out why I can't understand anything you are trying to say. Does anyone else understand, and can explain it to me?

Matt
I'm pretty having the same problem as you Ski, seems to be using abreviations that aren't commonly used?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
From what I can tell from looking at those photos, it appears to use the "STi" style of intake manifold. The throttle body is pointed towards the rear firewall, and thus would require an STI style intercooler, or would require you to reuse the plastic (subaru calls it composite) LGT/OBXT intake manifold. That would allow you to use your stock LGT/OBXT intercooler.

For that price, I would assume the intercooler, headers. up/down pipe and turbo would be included, but they do not appear to be in the photos.

forcedairtech- Can you comment as to exactly what is included for that $3700 price?

·
Administrator
4,271 Posts
sduford said:
Guys, that thread is 1 year old...
Yea that kid was I think 16 when he came here and was only here for like 2 weeks. He's actually part of an Arizona car club thats on the same servers as one of my hockey clubs, I've tried to contact him to see if he'd like to come back to no avail. If you have any interest in this motor I'd suggest emailing him if you can reach him by those means.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Kevin
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing