Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback, 2.5L
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

First time OB owner of a 2018 Premium (about a month now). Is it normal to have to slam the back hatch? I've noticed i don't have to slam as hard when a door is open. But I feel like i have to get pretty rough with it to close properly. It'll do a halfway latch if i don't, then i have to fully open/close it to get it to shut. I can't simply press down on the hatch to get it to latch (like i can with every other door).

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
6 Posts
I just got a 2018 outback premium too and found the hatch was difficult to close as well. I find myself checking the seam between the hatch and the car body everytime I close to make sure it is fully closed. I talked to the dealership and they said it was partially due to the cargo tray sliding back but I think it is just the hatch. Sucks because I feel like I am just slamming my hatch each time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah, I've tried closing the hatch when the mat was taken out too. Same thing. I have a feeling i'd probably get the same response you did if i take it to the dealer. Maybe it'll get better over time. ...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to give yins an update....

I wound up taking my OB to the dealer for its first maintenance, and they said to make an appointment to look at the hatch (and fix an annoying rattle in the dash). The service guy said it was covered under warranty. It took a few days, but they gave me a loaner. Lo and behold they fixed the rattle, and adjusted the strike-plate for the hatch. Both issues solved, at no cost to me!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts