Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 3.6R base
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 200.00 in subie bucks that expire soon..
I need advice on what to buy...
I have a 3.6 with 111k on it...
I have plenty of oil filters...and a spare coil.

I have a new starter and master cylinder...

I was thinking what will go out next....water pump? or maybe axle shaft....or alternator...maybe fuel pump?

Your .02 would be great!
Garth

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,204 Posts
you actually have a trouble free car there, one of the ones people fight over. so no parts needed to buy for a failure.

_______

maybe some dealer accessories for your car. or some subaru clothing if they make such things.

_______

if you wanted to turn that into some bucks for you,...looking at the classified section here seems lots of WTB people are looking for wheel arch moldings for 2010-14 and 2015-present cars.

maybe contact them and fill one of their requests. (seems to be a color keyed item though).

·
Registered
11 3.6R base
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oil...not a bad idea...I was also thinking coolant...it says 137.5K or 11 years...

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,204 Posts
Buy a bunch of Subaru 5w30 and not worry about oil costs for a while.
does real subaru engine oil have lady samurai farts in it,...making it more valuable then what full synthetics are sold at wallymart?

·
Registered
2013 3.6R Limited
901 Posts
How long has it been since you did a drain-and-fill on your 5EAT? I do it every 30,000 miles as part of my routine oil & filter change / tire rotation. Takes maybe 20 minutes. Consider grabbing 10 to 12 quarts of Subaru HP ATF. That should get you through at least two drain-and-fills....

·
Registered
11 3.6R base
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have just done that too...I was thinking something that would stop working...

·
Registered
282 Posts
Consider stuff like transmission cooler lines, coolant, Subaru HP tranny fluid, Holts cooling system additive, cabin air filter, air filter, PCV valve, heater hoses etc. etc.

·
Registered
2017 2.5 Outback Limited no Eyesight
119 Posts
Floor Mats?
4 Wheel Alignment?

Other suggestions are good. How pitted is your windshield at 111,000 mi.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,294 Posts
does real subaru engine oil have lady samurai farts in it,...making it more valuable then what full synthetics are sold at wallymart?
I mean if he has to buy something it seems like a solid choice for saving money even if the OEM stuff is pricey.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Motor, trans, and center mounts. It was some of the best $240 in parts we spent on the car. Feels like a new car again without the vibrations, clunks, and drive line slop and we did ours at 50k. I'm going to bet at 111k, the originals are done.
Regards

·
Registered
11 3.6R base
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I do need rear struts...question is do I go stock or should I get an upgrade...

·
Registered
2005 Outback R LL Bean 3.0 H6 w/ 5 speed sport shift
597 Posts
I do need rear struts...question is do I go stock or should I get an upgrade...
I can't comment on stock struts but I did just install KYB's and man o man what a difference!

Have you had any TPMS warning lights come on yet?

·
Registered
11 3.6R base
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No TPMS yet...I have heard 7-10 years on the batteries...did you install the KYBs on all for corners? I dont want a stiff ride...but the rear on mine is starting to float on bumps :(

·
On the Super Mod Squad
26,204 Posts
No TPMS yet...I have heard 7-10 years on the batteries...did you install the KYBs on all for corners? I dont want a stiff ride...but the rear on mine is starting to float on bumps :(
struts, now that is a good buy at the dealer as I don't think KYB has offered them direct yet. (KYB what subaru reboxes).

if you wanted a firmer ride then the 2010-12 offered,

you could buy subaru struts for a 2013-14 outback, and they bolt right up.
_____

the 2010-12 outbacks were originally panned by the press as being too soft and the car leaning too much in the turns, unlike what outback wagons had done from 2000-2009. the 2010-12 subaru ride was similar to the then new to the market Toyota Venza . (maybe subaru was trying to grab up some toyota camry, and chevy impala buyers with a couch like ride :hide: )

subaru revised the 2013-14 outback struts to firm them up slightly for less lean,...as the expensive soft rider Venza never did sell enough to compete with subaru outbacks huge sales #s.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
Too bad I don't take SubaruBucks.

Bushing and bushings and inserts oh my.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts