Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know, the more I drive it the more I am so glad I bought it.
16k miles now and it is still the most comfortable car I have ever owned and with the onset of winter the mileage is dumping back into the 25s but it's all good.
The sienna I had would probably be getting around 19 so it's an improvement.
I have actually grown to love the hanging revs and constant pull that the 2.5 and CVT bring on the morning on-ramp to I94. It's like a comforting siren song of the boxer with a goofy chain tranny singing to me it's joy of revolutions.
Contrary to everyone else I love the black interior and even though the boys have put a number of dents in it with golf balls it still is in pretty good shape.

Snow will soon be here and I relish in the fact that it will conquer it with no issues and even the stray ice event like last early winter, passing a spinning Explorer on a hill, will also pose no threat.

Enjoy your Outbacks.

:D
:29:

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
41K on our 2.5 cvt now. Like it a little more with the new BFG touring tires. Handles a little better with the stiffer better built tires.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't argue about it's handling but for the most part I need this vehicle to get me to work in all kinds of weather while being somewhat fuel efficient.
It's also good for long hauls as my left leg doesn't start hurting and that's when the MPG's really shine.
Someday.........sigh, I would love to have a BRZ for fun but I don't see the disposable income for that when I also have a camper a boat and guns and hunting and fishing and everything else I do. So it fits my needs.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I'm only coming up on 4k and I have to say that I really do look forward to driving the car. It is fun and I never tire of the way the CVT works. If it proves to be reliable and the dealership continues to be straight with me, then Subaru has gained a loyal customer.

·
Registered
203 Posts
OB is nice on the logging roads but lacks the fun the legacy delivers on the pavement
Just by an older used Miata. :)

The Miata is to the sports car world what the Outback is to the SUV world - smart, cheap, fun, and reliable.

But I do understand why you like the Legacy.

And, to stay on topic, I loved my '01 VDC, and I love my '13 3.6R even more. The '13 was only a few thousand more than the '01, but it's better in nearly every way.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Just by an older used Miata. :)

The Miata is to the sports car world what the Outback is to the SUV world - smart, cheap, fun, and reliable.

But I do understand why you like the Legacy.

And, to stay on topic, I loved my '01 VDC, and I love my '13 3.6R even more. The '13 was only a few thousand more than the '01, but it's better in nearly every way.
Waiting for the wifes 2001 1.8t to finally convince us to dump it. Then wife and I are looking for something WAY more fun. 911 - SLK 350 something along those lines toy car with some fun. Miata is fun but why settle for that when you could have more? LOL

The Legacy was just more fun than the OB given road trips and epic roads were very fun now they are just a way to get from point A to B in the OB. It gets the job done but could be far far better.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah I hear you. There are lots of great options out there.

But drive them all - you'd be surprised how many "high performance" cars are only fun when you have your foot in it - look for one that rewards with the steering wheel as well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I went from a 1999 RS to a 2001 Outback to a 2008 Legacy to a 2013 Outback.
The RS was too small. The Legacy was okay but too close to the ground. The Outback is much easier for me to get in and out of and the visibility is much better. When I drove the Legacy I could never see over the car in front of me. The Legacy had less ground clearance which was not great in the snow. The tires were of a lower profile which I did not like. I like a rear wiper. The Legacy's fold down rear seat was great to have and I liked having a trunk. The Legacy's seats were torture on a long drive. I went to buy a new car the day after an 800 mile drive because I was in so much pain. I do not miss my Legacy and I'm glad to be back in an Outback. My wife drives a 2012 Forester and she loves it. It replaced her 2002 Forester.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I am impressed with the Outback. It does what I had hoped it would do and then some. If I want to play boy racer my M3 does just fine. The Outback is remarkably quiet and has good performance. It has reasonable leg room for the rear seats and is not too wide, not too tall and not too long, like the 3 little bears, just right.
Seat comfort is very good. It has exceeded my expectations.
The fact that this vehicle is great in soft sand and snow is excellent...

·
Registered
5 Posts
It took me 15000 miles on my Outback before I liked it as much as the Legacy I traded for it. The first week long road trip hooked me on this car, its a cave in terms of storage, love it more with every mile.

·
Registered
271 Posts
While I love my '13 OB I am still acclimating to it, there are some small features that I miss when compared to my old car. It is just a matter of getting used to it. But you sure can’t beat the storage space.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
JCBERB
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing